024

Se'aeylwa

Se'aeylwa

2 weeks later...

Lo'ak had stuck to me like glue, never leaving for a moment. At times he was stubborn about leaving, but I had to constantly remind him that he had duties he needed to attend to. 

At the moment, I was lying down on the floor, trying to teach Tuk how to weave a bracelet for her mother as Lo'ak sat behind me.

"This is so hard!" She whines, kicking back and laying like a starfish. I giggle at her antics as I reach forward and pull her back up by both her arms. She huffs a piece of hair out of her face as I hold her hands in mine and weave the seaweed over a specific shell with her. 

"You can do it Tuk, you just need lots of practice" I encourage. She gets back to work quickly, sticking out the tip of her tongue in concentration as her small hands knot together specific sections of the bracelet. I see her struggle with a specific part as I mumble the directions.

"Up and over, and then through the middle of the loop"

I stop my instruction as an involuntary shiver shakes my shoulder. I feel large hands rubbing in a soothing paste on my back. I groan in dismay as I reach behind me and swat his hands away from me. 

"You need this to properly heal the marking!" Lo'ak scolds me as he continues to rub in the medicinal paste. 

"Stop babying me!" I whisper-shout at him as Tuk begins to redirect her full attention back to me.

"Se'aeylwa?" She asks. I hum to indicate I'm listening as she holds up the bracelet that's practically falling apart. I know she's disappointed by the look in her eyes as I see them glisten over. I curse at Eywa for making Tuk so susceptible for crying as I see her become frustrated. 

"It look's ugly!" She cries, holding her face in her hands as her body begins to shake with sobs. 

"Oh Tuk..." I mumble as I drag myself forward and wrap an arm around her. She stands up and wraps her arms around my shoulders as she throws the bracelet into the ground, the jewellery breaking into a thousand broken pieces. 

"Why did you ruin your hard work?" I ask.

"She was going to hate it!" She wails, stomping her foot to the ground as if it was proving her point. I myself become frustrated as Lo'ak doesn't make a sound, he just relocated to continue rubbing in the medicinal blend. 

His sister was crying in front of him and it seemed like he didn't care. 

"How about you go on a walk with Lo'ak to cool off?" I kindly ask. I hear the boy grunt from behind me as I reach a hand behind and pinch at his leg.