*CLANGGGG*

Our swords clash and we both grin at each other with malicious intent. Two monsters begin a battle to the death.

I jump back and it does the same. We both assessed each other's physical strength and abilities.

Our speed and agility is very similar due to my natural boost and boots. Our strength is also very similar as well... That is, it's similar when I'm using berserker. All that leaves is defense and Mental Strength. Its armor is much better than mine... It most likely has me beat in defense stats, but I have a ton more HP potions so it shouldn't matter that much.

It'll all come down to a battle of abilities.

We stare each other down again from about 10m away. Then, we both charge.

*SHINGGGG*

The moment I step forward it does too, but into a portal of darkness appearing less than a meter behind me stabbing a blade right through my back.

I cough up blood as the monster dodges my counter-swing and runs back to a safe position. While regenerating I chug an HP potion and keep my eyes locked on the savage.

"Didn't see that one coming."

It grins and grunts while charging at me again. I return the favor.

Every 10 seconds or so I'm hit with a wave of intimidation. It's getting easier and easier to fend them off. My theory is I'm getting more focused on battle, and my sword's ego combined with my own makes us stronger than before. My mind cannot be controlled.

*SHINGGGG*

I'm hit with another blade in the center of my back and fall to my knees.

My movements, on the other hand, It's definitely controlling those right now.

I activate enemy detection and regenerate while facing the beast again.

"Focus..."

We charge at each other. I'm fully prepared for an attack from the rear this time. It won't fool me again.

*CLANGGG*

I turn at the last moment and block the Commander's blade. It takes a step back and disappears into another portal. My eyes scanned the entire dungeon around me... It's nowhere in sight... berserker is heightening my senses and enemy detection is scanning the area constantly for any sign of life.

Seconds later I feel a sharp pain from behind in my lower thigh. It hit me again. The moment I sensed it and turned to counter it was already too late. I'm milliseconds off... Just a little more speed... and I could have blocked it. I collapse to the ground. The monster towers over me for a moment while pulling out the blade and jumping backward.

I regenerate, drink an MP and HP potion, then stand to my feet.

I need to be a little faster... somehow...

Again, it disappears into thin air and appears seconds later to slash the back of my legs. It's learning... how to out-think me more and more.

Every new attack is hitting non-vital areas, It's just wearing me out. Sometimes I can guess where it will attack and get a lucky block in, but other times it comes out of nowhere and leaves a deep gash. This commander loves to play with its prey... My legs, arms, torso, back, and even feet are getting slashed to pieces.

Over and over... it goes on for over 5 minutes straight as I continue to regenerate and attempt to block its attacks. I drink another 3 HP potions and 1 MP.

My berserker skill, flames, and enemy detection are still active. My blade keeps glowing brighter and brighter, but it's useless if I can't even land a hit.

I'm exhausted, fatigued, frustrated, and scared... but for some reason... Excitement still flows through my veins. Even in a time like this, I'm still grasping onto a glimmer of hope and enjoying the rush of battle.

Each time the Commander appears I get another try at increasing my reaction speed. I'm almost there, it's just outpacing me by fractions of a second every time...

The monster disappears into its dark cloud again and I activate enemy detection.

The boss room goes completely silent.

All of a sudden, I feel a large presence in the distance fade away, then hear a familiar ringing sound in my head...

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

"I leveled up 12 times... Did Maria beat the boss? Wait... if that was the dungeon boss, then what is-?"

*CLANGGGG*

At the last moment, I sense a sword appear behind me and turn to block it. A perfect clash, I block it on instinct alone this time.

I meet the gaze of a surprised Commander, It thought that was a surefire hit.

I grin.

Normal mobs in dungeons don't share exp with all the hunters in a boss room unless an individual does a majority of the damage. The perk of equal exp sharing without damage regulations only applies to the boss itself. That means this commander is definitely not the boss. It shouldn't even be here at all... This is an entity from another dungeon that must have taken control... Should I even call it a High Orc Commander anymore?

It's more like... A Demon.