Another wave...

*SHINGGGG*

Another wave...

*SHINGGGG*

I'm trapped in its loop of spells over and over. I struggle to get to my feet while drinking another HP potion. It wants to defeat me mind and body at this point... This is torture.

I yell out in pain. Frustration and fear of my own come over me, these feelings aren't forced by its intimidation. This is raw emotion that I haven't felt in a while.

I'm facing an opponent, and I have no way to win...

My body is becoming weak. There are only so many HP potions and regenerations I can handle. My endurance and fatigue can't withstand being on the brink of death too many more times.

I let out a yell as I stare down at the emotionless beast in front of me. I activate berserker and run at it full force.

Then... I'm hit by its intimidation wave once again.

*SHINGGGG*

Another slash across the torso forces me back down to the ground. I jump away the moment I regain mobility and regenerate.

I let out another yell and turn berserker back on. Waves of fear, fatigue, frustration, and anger are all compounded every time I'm hit with intimidation.

*SHINGGG*

It lands another bloody slash across my chest...

I can't even feel the pain anymore, the only thing on my mind is killing this monster... By any means necessary. I don't even bother regenerating. I just need to land a hit for my own sanity.

I turn and run after the creature while glowing dark red covered in flames and screaming with rage. My blade begins to glow red with me.

A devious grin appears across my face as I feel power seep into my veins. My vision tunnels just like it did before and the dark red aura of my berserker skill begins to mix with the ego of my sword erupting into even darker red flames.

The Commander turns, and I see its pupils shrink...

I'm hit with a wave of intimidation, but this time I break through. With a battle cry, I nullify its mental attack and continue charging straight toward it.

The Commander's face finally changes. The monster's eyes open wide, then it grins....

I jump in the air swinging my blade directly at the monster's neck. My sword beings to glow brighter and brighter the closer I get.

I let out another yell as I swing my sword at its unguarded neck.

*SHINGGGGG*

I make contact...

The blade hits the Commander's neck and I see the glint of red blood.

Then dark purple and black swirls of energy form all around us.

*WHOOOSHHH*

The Commander is gone...

My sword slices through the open air.

Immediately, I use enemy detection while planting my right foot and turning around.

"This must be its other skill, Dungeon Walker...It's some kind of movement magic."

Another black and purple portal appears 10m away from me and the Commander steps out pointing its sword straight ahead. There's a small scratch on its neck dripping blood.

That's all I needed for a boost of spirit.

"I'm back in this thing. Bring it on!"

I point my sword at the monster as well declaring the start of our real match. With my flames burning hot and my sword glowing red we both charge at each other.