Chapter 6

Hayden's POV
I finally got her to agree to tutor me. And now, with her help, I might just have a fighting chance at passing organic chemistry.

Kicking off my shoes, I left them by the front door as I headed into the kitchen where I knew my parents would be.

My father was helping my mother chop the onions for the dinner they were preparing for tonight. My mother giggled as my father stood behind her, kissing her neck.

Grossed out, I cleared my throat so they knew they were no longer alone. Both my parents looked up at me, my mother blushing before lightly shoving my father away.

My father had a frown on his face, hating that I had interrupted whatever he had been planning to do. The thought grossed me out even more and I almost puked.

"There has to be an age limit. I mean seriously."

My father rolled his eyes. "Shouldn't you be at the school I pay every semester for?"

"Am I not allowed to come home and spend some time with my family?"

"Not when I'm trying to seduce your mother."

"First of all, ew. And second of all, you have enough kids as it is, gramps. You could be doing anything else. Like knitting or watching Jeopardy.

He grinned at me, only he was far from amused by my comment. My brothers and I always make fun of how old our father is compared to our mom. While they both look really good for their age, poking fun at his age never gets old.

I stepped further into the kitchen, approaching my mother so I could kiss her cheek. "Hey, mom."

"Hey, honey. How was practice?"

"Good."

"And your academics?" My father asked, ruining the mood almost instantly. I didn't want to talk about my grades. Especially because my parents don't know I'm struggling in organic chemistry.

"They're fine." I could feel my father's green eyes on me. He knew I was lying. So I quickly changed the subject. "Is Harps here yet?"

"Yeah," my mother replied. "She and Adeleine are in her room."

Even as I walked away, I could still feel him watching me. Now I was starting to see how Olive must have felt in class today.

Heading upstairs, I made my way through the hallway and stopped when I reached my sister's door. I knocked first, waiting for the okay before entering.

Adeleine squealed excitedly when she saw me. "Hays!" She got out of bed to throw her arms around me.

She just saw me the other day but acts like we haven't seen each other in months. I kissed her temple, while lightly stroking her red hair.

When I looked into her eyes, they were filled with tears. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I hate not having you and Harps here all the time. It gets lonely."

"You still have Declan and Mason."

When she's not here, she spends most of her time at either Declan's or Mason's house. She hasn't been seeing eye to eye with our father lately. A part of that has to do with her being the baby of the family and his inability to let go.

"Declan's too busy preparing for baby number three, and Mason has Harlynn now." She sighed, plopping back down on the bed. "It just feels like I'm losing you guys."

"You're not. You'll still be the one we pick on and spoil the most." I ruffled her hair before joining her and Harper on the bed.

"Hey, Harps. You said Olive's in your art class, right?"