𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 , amplification

Start from the beginning

"You can't do that." Isaac stopped her. "Keep blaming yourself for stuff that is completely out of your control. Look, I wish Allison was still here too, but even if she was, she couldn't stop any of this. Theo still would have come here to try and kill Scott. Your mom would have still come back to try and get more power. Big, terrifying beasts would still end up being here. Kinsey, this is just what happens in Beacon Hills. All the bad things that happen to you aren't your fault. None of it."

"I just wish it was all simpler again." The girl shrugged. "I miss the times when it was all new and it was exciting when our lives weren't truly in danger. When it was just Scott figuring out that he was a werewolf and it was this amazing thing that helped him in lacrosse. The times when it all just seemed like a fun dream. Not a never-ending nightmare." 

"Trust me, I would do anything to go back to my start with all of this too." He reassured her, both of them gazing at each other for a moment, lustfully. He brushed the girl's hair behind her ear as she sharply inhaled, neither breaking their eye contact. Just as Isaac was about to speak, a loud ringing sounded as Kinsey's phone vibrated on the table behind her, Stiles's name on the screen. "Why is he calling you at this time?" Isaac asked, only a slight hint of jealousy in his voice. 

Kinsey shook her head, unsure as she answered, barely able to greet the boy before he started to shout down the phone, begging her to come to Scott's as soon as possible, that it was urgent. He heard Isaac in the background, mumbling about driving her, quickly encouraging Stiles to insist that she come alone. Whether Isaac was staying with Scott or not, this matter had to be handled between the three of them, whatever it may be. As he hung up the phone Kinsey looked at Isaac with a furrowed brow, unsure she should go after the battle between them and The Desert Wolf, perhaps they should all stay out of trouble, but Isaac encouraged her to go, for all they knew the urgent matter was Lydia. 

Sirens sounded loudly in their ears as a series of cruisers sped down the highway. The flashing of blue and red lights illuminated the night, searching for the large beast on a rampage through the town with a more discreet car following behind them. A Jeep. One that had no business being in a high-speed police chase, yet always seemed to be. They couldn't remember the last time that Beacon Hills had a disaster that didn't involve them, but Kinsey couldn't complain, just a couple of moments ago she had wished for this very thing- a simpler time. Back when this was all new it was more often than not that the three of them would be following the Sheriff across town after hearing announcements on Stiles' police radio. While this was exactly what she had wished for, it wasn't exactly what she had anticipated when the two boys told her they had an emergency that needed her. 

Less than half an hour ago she had walked into her apartment prepared to curl up in bed and try to forget all of her problems, especially the large beast that wreaked havoc. But instead, she was here, being blinded by lights while trying to spot the Beast of Geuvadan in the darkness, hoping that it didn't manage to hurt anyone on its way to wherever it was going. Maybe then she could discuss with the two boys what she thought tonight would be about. Breaking Lydia out.

Gathered around Scott's dining room table, the pack stared at one another, each looking at one of the other people around the table. Frankly, they were all in shock and awe that it was real. It had been a long time since all of them had been together since all of them had been able to look at each other without feeling guilty or angry. Things began to feel right again. But there was still one thing missing. One person in their pack. A key piece. Kinsey slammed down the blueprints to Eichen House along with the security log, both she had managed to steal when visiting Peter a few hours ago. He had helped distract the guards, tapping into his animalistic rage of his to act as a perfect distraction while his daughter quickly backed off and used her hunter abilities to her advantage.