Episode 25: The Last Words

The Warthog has Sarge pinned and is slowly firing closer and closer to his head as Mateo still tries his best move it away with all the strength he's got left. Doc is still impotently sitting in the driver's seat.

Simmons: Okay, we gotta do something here guys.

Donut: You're right. I got dibs on Sarge's armor.

Mateo: (exhausted) You guys are not helping!

Cut to Blue Base with Tucker kneeling in front of Church. The beeping is still heard.

Tucker: Okay, Church, you ready? I'm gonna yank the wire.

Cut to the Warthog and Sarge.

Mateo: (falls to the ground breathing hard) Fuck. Sorry, Sarge. I can't help you. The gun is too sturdy for me to move.

Sarge: It's alright, Rivera. Grif, if you see Lopez, tell him I forgive him. Tell him.. he was like a son to me.

Grif: I thought Simmons and Rivera were like sons to you?

Sarge: No offense, Simmons. Lopez and I just.. understood each other better. But me and Rivera know how do our jobs with each other. 

Simmons: Understood? Lopez refused to speak English!

Mateo: Because he had the wrong voice-box, Simmons.

Grif: Yeah, and he ran away the first chance he got.

Mateo: No, he didn't. He was controlled by someone on the Blue Team.

Simmons: And now he's trying to kill you with a remote-control jeep.

Sarge: Ahhhh, what a little rascal.

Cut to the Blues.

Tucker: Alright, here goes nothin'. One... Two... Three! (pulls the wire, there's a small electrical sound, and the beeping stops)

Church: Oh god, yes! Finally! Some freakin' peace and quiet! I thought that was gonna drive me nuts! ...Hey. Why can't I move my legs?

Cut to the Warthog which stops firing.

Warthog: (emits its series of beeps, shutting down) Signal lost.

Grif: Wow, that was a close one. Are you okay, Sarge?

Sarge: Ah, horse puckey, I'm fine. Although I do have to admit, maybe a little bit disappointed.

Simmons: It's okay, sir. I know that you said a lot of things that you didn't mean. People say crazy stuff when they're faced with their own mortality.

Sarge: It's not that. I just felt like I could have taken him.

Grif: Taken who? The machine gun?

Sarge: Oh he was a worthy opponent to be sure, but right at the end there he was beginning to show signs of weakness. Cracks in the armor, if you will.

Grif: What? You can't fight a machine gun.

Donut: Yeah, Sarge. I know you're tough and all, but it is kinda hard to beat up hundreds of armor piercing bullets using only your face.

Sarge: And yet, he surrendered.

Mateo: (stands up) No. I don't think so, Sarge. I suspect the Blues might have something to do with this.

Simmons: (turns to Mateo) Like I said to you a couple of weeks ago, you're very paranoid.

Mateo: (nudges Simmons) Shut up Mr. Know It All. You know I'm right.