👑 Chapter four. 👑

Start from the beginning

"She's hurt; be careful with her."

The guard looked at me contemptuously and let go of my hand. After we left the monastery, I caught a glimpse of the priest, whom I saw from the window earlier, standing in front of me, only a few steps separating us. He smiled maliciously and raised his eyebrows admiringly as if he saw a box full of gold. In this scene, Felix remained watching Annie from the window until she got into the carriage, and they drove on.

When they left, he asked the nun for writing instruments, put the paper on the table, and began to write. Standing hastily after he had finished, he turned to the knight and gave him the envelope to deliver to the King.

All the way, they forced me to put a cover over my head in order not to see what was in front of me. I was following them in silence and was full of confidence that I would get out of this situation.

《After we arrived, we walked for some time; the floor was smooth, but soon, when we went down the stairs, which were made of stones, I felt cold; the place was damp and smelled strange, like an animal stable. The colder I get, the more my feet hurt, and the cold floor hurts.》

The man took the cover off her head and pushed her towards the cell. Before he left the place, he had locked the door.

《The place is dark, and although the torch is hanging in the wall between the cells, I was not mistaken when I smelled a strange smell. Hay is scattered around the place; because it has not been changed, it smells of the stable. After examining the place, I saw traces of blood on the wall and some scribbles. The strangest thing is that I was the only person in the cell. I pushed my face through the bars to see exactly where I was.》

《A secret prison! In front of me is a row of cells, and on my sides, separated by a spacious hallway, I shook the floor with my hand and sat waiting》.

Meanwhile, King Alexander was going through the documents as usual in his office until his servant, Sebastian, came carrying a tray with Felix's letter.

The King took the letter and began to read it by the fireplace. After he had finished, he wrinkled it and threw it to be burned by the flames until it turned into ashes.

He took a quill pen in his hand and began to issue a royal decree. He grabbed the candlestick and tilted it towards the document so that a few drops of red wax fell out, took out his seal from the drawer, made the seal, and then handed it to the Butler who was standing by the door.

King Alexander: "Give this decree to Sir Lionel, the head of the Royal Guard, and tell him to take five Royal Knights and a carriage... Tell them not to come back without the girl."

Butler bowed his head and answered, "It's Your Majesty!"

Meanwhile, the priest was penning a clandestine message to be entrusted to the knight, now freed from captivity.

The priest said, "Whatever it takes, you have to deliver this message to the helmsman who is sailing to Valeria Empire to morrow"

Until the high priest himself entered the room, and here the priest had to insert the letter into his sleeve in order not to be seen and exposed. The priest bowed down to welcome him.

The priest remained close to his head and looked at the ground. "Your Holiness, Why are you honouring us in this humble place?"

The high priest did not utter a word; instead, he raised his hand, holding the royal decree, and began waving it.
The high priest: "Do you know what this document is?"

He peeked at his hand but couldn't guess.

The High Priest: "Let it be known by royal decree that the girl, held captive within the confines of the temple, shall be released... And there is an urgent demand to open an investigation with one of the Templars. Do you have any idea what's going on?"

The priest gritted his teeth and began to stare angrily at the situation that
Went out of control, but he calmed down and then talked.

The priest: "Your Holiness! We must defend the honour of the temple; that sinful girl attacked one of our Knights while performing his duties. Since it's about the temple, I don't see any need for other parts to interfere. We can take it back ourselves."

The high priest said, "So... Let's hand over the girl."

The priest said in a surprised tone, "Your holiness?"!"

The high priest: "To stand up to the King... It's like starting a pointless war... We have recently regained our stability, and the people want to live in peace", Then he added, "We can't make a dome out of a grain just for something trivial, as I trust the King's decisions will be fair."

The priest found nothing to win in the debate; he kept curbing his raging anger like ocean waves in winter until the High Priest left, taking the Knight who was in the room to lead him to Annie.

The priest smashed everything he put his hand on and started throwing it randomly to throw you against the wall.

The priest said in a spiteful tone, "Damn that old man. He destroyed everything I had built. Just wait until I get my hands on his post... He will beg me for mercy..". He shifted his gaze toward the knight an added," You have to flee the place otherwise the king will arrest you"