I laugh.

"I wouldn't mind a challenge. Rei will kill us if she finds out though. You know this is no joke right? We'll have to work together flawlessly."

"I know what a life or death battle is! I'm ready, and just won't tell Rei. I can handle myself."

She crosses her arms and looks me insight in the eyes.

"Hey! I'm just making sure we're clear. This isn't going to be a walk in the park. How many potions do you have left?"

Maria sifts through her item box.

"Four more. That should be enough if we're fighting it together."

I nod.

"Great, I have extra if needed."

Maria raises her sword toward the back of the dungeon and stares off into the sky.

"Let's go!"

Her eyes seem different than I remember, she's hungry for battle. Something changed in her recently... In my opinion, it's for the better.

I raise my sword to match her energy, just like our first day hunting together.

"Let's go!"

We walked deep into the dungeon.

Only 3 High Orcs appeared on our way. I let Maria Take them out because she seemed more eager to do so. Each battle was over in an instant. With one touch of her sword, she's able to turn these Orcs into frozen white statues that fracture into pieces with a single swing of her blade. It's pretty crazy to consider it took 7 MP potions and half an hour for her to defeat one of them just yesterday....

Finally, we make it to the floating grey portal. Without hesitation, we both jump through.

The sky is dark orange, almost red... The ground is jet-black, completely flat, and goes off in all directions further than I can see.

Maria and I stand side by side looking deep into the void...

I gulp.

"This is weird...."

"Yeah..."

Cautiously, we both walk further into the boss room. About 3 minutes later a rumbling can be heard in the distance.

I use enemy detection and inspect.

[200m]

[Lv. 258]

[Lv. 259]

[Lv. 259]

[Lv. 260]

[Lv. 260]

[500m]

[Lv. 295]

[1000m]

[Lv. 334]

My eyes open wide and I yell to Maria.

"We have company! There's a pack of 5 coming our way, and more behind them."

Maria nods and we both charge forward to meet the enemies. 30 seconds later we are face to face with 5 dark red glowing High Orcs. 3 of them are swinging a mace above their heads and 2 are handling swords.

I burst into flames and activate berserker while veering off to the right towards the two sword-wielding Orcs.

Maria veers off to the left creating dense Ice chunks everywhere she steps to take care of the other 3.

I'm able to bob and weave my way through the angry monsters with my speed and agility. They're no better than the normal mobs outside the boss room. Moments later the two sword users are nothing but ash on the ground, while the mace users shatter into a thousand tiny ice fragments behind us.