Chapter 7.2

"EXCUSE me." I quickly went into my pocket and fiddled.

"Hm?"

"About your strategy, thanks for helping me."

"No problem."

"Besides," He looked up to the sky. "You said you were being blackmailed by Chabashira-sensei."

"Unfortunately."

I was blackmailed by Chabashira a moment after Ayanokouji was blackmailed. Apparently, while I was talking "harsh" to her, she was recording the entire conversation. If she released the recording, at best, I'll get entirely excluded from the class and have a horrible reputation in the school, at worst, I'm expelled.

In short, I have to help Class D to get to Class A. This whole blackmailing thing might end, if she develops as a character. There's no telling if she'll resort me as Plan B once Ayanokouji figures out that she was lying. 

"Sorry that I had to use my plan."

"Don't worry, it was a rock-paper-scissors and you won."

Yes, we did rock-paper-scissors to decide whose plan we were using. Ayanokouji didn't know much of my plan though while he thinks that I didn't know his plan.

"But why choose me? You could've said it to anyone else." I asked.

"That's because I've already observed your abilities?"
Abilities?

"Elaborate."

"Recording the incident between me and Kushida for use of blackmail material for her. There's also you expelling 2 students from Class C. Since of the information Sudou and Horikita told me and you not being present in certain days, as well as you slipping up with accidently showing your point transactions with Ishizaki, it's clear you were the one behind it. Then there's the time where you intentionally intervened with my plan to get 'Kushida to be friends with Horikita'. I'm not particularly mad about this but the fact that you modified my plan to be better shows your strategic, observant and quick-thinking abilities-"

"There's also you somehow getting all the spot locations in a rainstorm, in rough terrain while you simultaneously being physically and mentally tired. I'm pretty sure that's a lot of mental and physical endurance, including stamina as well. You mass manipulated a class, including a class c spy, Ryuuen, and to some extent Koenji but that was through negotiation. Manipulated the events of Kushida meeting with Horikita, and the 3 Class C students. You used a cleverer way to get 50's on your entrance exams and the small test, better than mines. Don't worry, I also know how you practically somewhat ruin my plan with the whole camera set-up. I don't exactly know how but I'm guessing you prepared those three students and told us about our plan."

I didn't say anything, it was more like I couldn't. Nonetheless, I wasn't surprised. It wasn't as if my plans would go unnoticed. Ayanokouji's observant and deductive skills never fail to surprise me.

"Of course, you also know about me, how I scored 50 in all subjects, the strategy I used for the Sudou Incident and for this special exam. Thing is, I still think you're better than me."

Is he trying to manipulate me into thinking that I'm better than him, thus thinking that he's not better than me? Well, he doesn't know I'm reincarnated so figures.

"Since I'm currently being blackmailed by Chabashira-sensei, as well as you, I suggest something."

I turned around and looked out to the ocean, I nodded to give signal.

"Shinjiro, I'll be telling you a secret, can you handle that?"

"Shoot."

"Will you help me?"

Help... him?

I turned around with a semi-confused expression. What did he mean, what is he-

"I suggest an alliance between us. 2 parties being equal. Nobody be using as a pawn as well as using others for their own strategies unless both parties agree. I help you and you help me."

"Good idea, but you may very well be deceiving me into thinking that we're equal. I don't want that."

"I know, that's why you're already audio recording this, right?"

"Eh, you got me."

"You really love those things huh?"

"I adore them. A man's best friend."

I sighed and thought about it for a bit.

"How long will this alliance last?"

"Precisely when we're both not being blackmailed to help the class. But if you wish, we can extend the alliance so we could both help each other."

I was trying to find loopholes in this, but I can't find any.

"I doubt you're being genuine, no offense. But I suppose if this is for you and me, we can do it. As long as I'm not treated like a pawn like I was before, I'm fine with it.

"Before?" And I spilled the beans.

"Horikita."

"...Right then." He stretched his hand towards mine. "Do you accept this deal?"

I looked at the hand for a couple of seconds, before ultimately deciding to shake the hand firmly.

"I accept."

"Nice to be in an alliance, friend." He strangely elaborated at that part while he waved goodbye at me and began going to his room.

"Friend?" I whispered.

No I doubt. 

For a fact, he thinks of me as a tool.

Whatever he thinks, I'm not going to be used as a pawn anymore.

A part of my original plan when I came into this world has already failed.

Being close with Ayanokouji? Done.

I'm not particularly close with Kushida and she doesn't know that I know her past.

There's also me not being expelled currently, or under the risk of expulsion.

"1 down, 2 left.'

I sighed before eventually walking back to my room.

I suppose Volume 3 has ended, welcome Volume 4.

Yet another volume I haven't exactly read. I've only knew the summaries and the anime.

"Well, this is going to be interesting." Was the last thing I said before being silent to enjoy the scenery as I continue walking towards my room.

_____________________________________________________

Word Count: 915 Words