Chapter 4: Secret

AFTER showing Ayanokouji and Sakura where the corn was, having small talk and encountering Katsuragi, we went back to our camp with the food. Hirata made us go into team to retrieve the corn by afternoon, from there we had loads of food. Combined with the fact that Koenji was out searching for more vegetables, fruits and other things.

He said there were about 4 - 5 of them, which will prove to be useful. The fruits are also safe and sweet enough to eat, having the nutrients needed.

After mostly everyone came back with the corn and food, Hirata counted.

"Hey, where's Koenji-kun?" 

"We lost sight of him since he was moving too fast. He was literally swinging tree branches!"

"So, he's Tarzan?" Yamauchi asked.

"Sigh. Well, I hope he comes back. He unusually comes back late after every task he does that involves exploring and searching for necessities." Hirata stated.

After our "roll call" by Hirata, we spend the rest of the day with laughter. I, however, went to Hirata who was currently conversing with some of the girls.

"Hey Hirata. Can I have a moment of your time real quick?"

I thought the girls would glare at me and surprisingly they accepted and urged Hirata to go along. Is it because I supported them with the whole toilet fiasco?

After moving to a private and secured location, Hirata asked,

"So, what is it that you need, Shinjiro-kun?"

"Hey so, I need to talk to you about something important. You may not like it and it may explain some of the things that are happening."

I proceeded to tell him the most important things, with him having a very mixed reaction as a result.

"Shinjiro-kun... that's just wrong."

"I know it is, but we have no choice, do we? I'll apologize to her later after the exam."

"I... alright fine. But please let this be the last time this will happen, alright? I don't approve of-"

"I know, I say the same thing as well. Which will be ironic to her."

"Okay, but are you planning to tell Ayanokouji about this?"

Ah right, him. Even though I know his true nature, I don't know if he'll agree. He's still in that "regular high school boy" facade. I mean, he's not the one going to do that much.

"I'll tell him, don't worry. I'm not really the one who does this but it's for the class. The greater good as they call it."

I pat his back, gave him a thumbs up and smiled.

"Alright then... now that I think about it, I rarely see you smile."

"I show emotions, don't worry. Unlike a certain someone."

"Ha ha, I guess I know who you're talking about. Well, though I don't like it, I give you my approval to do it... Though I'm surprised he's in on this.

"Who him? Don't worry, he doesn't really know. Or maybe he does? Eh. Well, see ya later!"

"Talk to you later, Shinjiro-kun."

With that, I left him. If what he said was correct, then we're in for something.

______________________________________________________

Word Count: 491 Words