Chapter 6.2

Ayanokouji's Point of View

IT was already the 6th day, after the events of who was the culprit for stealing Karuizawa's underwear, the class' morale dropped significantly. The girls suggested for the boys to move away so both genders can sleep from opposite sides. While the boys were annoyed and angry, they eventually agreed. Shinjiro thankfully got back in time for rollcall but of course, immediately left afterwards. In-fact, he didn't even speak to me or Horikita. He seemed to look tired, mentally and physically speaking. Surprisingly he didn't look to be out of stamina but his slight eyebags tell me that he wasn't sleeping. His jerseys were covered in dirt and sweat and didn't seem to be cleaned at all...

Of course, I feel sad that this has to happen to Shinjiro, but it the decision had to be made. 

"Can't believe one of our friends did this... I mean I would want to do it, but I wouldn't actually do it, you know?"

I was currently conversing with Ike, Yamauchi and Sudou. Of course, the primary topic was about Shinjiro.

"Yeah, there was always this weird, ominous feeling about him. I don't know, like he doesn't feel, normal? I don't know, he's just kinda weird." Yamauchi claimed.

"You aren't that different from him though."

"W-What!? No I'm not! Sudou, Ayanokouji, tell him!"

...

"Why aren't you guys saying anything!?"

I didn't really want to talk about it, but Sudou was acting a bit different from usual.

"Hey, you good?" I called out to Sudou.

"Mn?! Oh- uh yeah, I'm fine. Just wondering about somethin'."

"Is it Horikita, again?" Ike teased.

"Wha? No no, shut up. It's not that, well technically it is. She looks like she doesn't feel well, I guess."

"So it is her."

"No! I mean, it's about Shinjiro, you know? I'm kinda conflicted if I should still be his friend or not after the shit he did."

Sudou seemed to be actually stressed out about this. If it was Ike and Yamauchi, he'd definitely would expect it, but since Shinjiro not only helped and participated in the Sudou case, even since that day, he would occasionally go with Sudou to see him play. Since Shinjiro did steal a girl's underwear, he definitely did not expect it, so he must be thinking Shinjiro was only acting nice to get on everyone's good side. Actually, if anything, everyone currently thinks that.

"Oh, I guess that makes sense. He pretty much did a crime since he did do sexual harassment and thief... right? Wait wait, shouldn't Chabashira-chan report this to the school!?"

"Yeah! Instead, let's just go ask her."

Ike and Yamauchi both agreed to ask Chabashira-sensei about the incident.

Not only that, but they decided to bring the entire- well I guest most of the class with them. And well-

"He bribed me."

"He... bribed you!?"

The class was in turmoil and shock.

"Yes, in fact, he did a contract with me, with me not saying a single peep about the incident."

She took out the contract paper and showed it to us. Though the contract was folded, it was really proof. Was there more?

"Here it says, 'Shinjiro must pay Chabashira-sensei at least 5,000 private points so Chabashira-sensei will not utter a single word to the class about what he plans to do. As long as it's not life-threatening.' What he did wasn't life-threatening, bad yes but not to the point someone's life is personally at stake. As such, I have no obligation to report the incident of what happened."

She puts back the contract paper in her pocket and sighed.

"If that's what you all needed to know, then I'll take my leave."

Chabashira left the class alone as we finished organizing our thoughts.

"So now he's more of a bitch? He planned this?" Karuizawa angrily said.

"So, he really is a traitor..."

"Everyone!" Hirata gathered their attention. "He may be poised as a traitor for our class in this exam, but thankfully he's been outed-"

"Outed? Sure, but there's no telling what he'll do! He may even lie about his health and retire. Maybe he'll cost us some points by breaking the rules! Not only that, he bribed our teacher!" Shinohara argued. In fact, many of my classmates agreed.

"I- I suppose you're correct. Don't worry, back when we get to the cruise ship, I'll talk to him about it."

 "Besides, he knows that his reputation will be even more ruined if he continues to act like this. Don't worry everyone!" Kushida backed Hirata.

Despite them being reluctant, the class eventually trusted both Hirata and Kushida on this matter.

All while Horikita didn't seem to care.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was almost nighttime, since this was our last day of actively doing our tasks, we did it to our fullest. I, of course, was ordered by Hirata to gather some tree branches. Both Kushida and Hirata were giving out tasks so Ibuki wouldn't be able to guess which is which, and even then, she would get the wrong answer if she guessed either two. This was a strategy proposed by Hirata.

"Ibuki-san, Horikita-san, may you both go together to gather fruits before it rains? It seems to be a big storm like Ike-kun said so it's best if we gather enough food so we don't have to go out while it's raining." Kushida asked 

Ibuki and Horikita?

"I suppose I'll contribute to the class, I'll keep an eye on Ibuki-san."

"Alright, take her with you then. By the way, he's the map with the marker marked. There's a lot of fruit there that is enough for everybody. Here's the bags as well."

With that, Horikita and Ibuki both exited the camp to gather fruits, but something tells me it's not a good idea. Interestingly, Hirata went to Kushida and talked for a minute before Kushida gave a head nod. After that, I heard someone walking towards me, well right after I saw that observation, somebody was already next to me.

"Ayanokouji-kun."

"Hm?"

Hirata called out to me while I was busy thinking. He was right next to me, so he could've tapped my shoulder or something... not that it matters much.

"May you... may you come with me? We're following Ibuki-san and Horikita-san."

Eh? I was confused, don't tell me we're going to be doing something to them-

"I'm quite worried about Horikita-san. Even though Ibuki-san is in our camp, I still feel wary about her, like something bad would happen."

So, I'm guessing Hirata talked to Kushida about this first before coming to me. But...

"Why me?"

"Well to be honest, I don't really know myself." O-Oh... "But you were the first person that I immediately saw and thought of. So can you help me with this?"

Since I don't really have much to do and I also had a bad feeling about this, I agreed.

We both exited the camp with some staring at us. In the distance, while continuing deeper into the forest, we could hear Kushida announcing why we were leaving.

"We should pick up our pace, Ayanokouji-kun. They left a little while ago."

"Right, of course."

But why was Hirata in such a hurry, was something bad truly about to happen?

_________________________________________________________

The plot thickens?

Word Count: 1159 Words