Chapter 6.4

Ayanokouji's Point of View

"There she is!"

Hirata quickly spotted Horikita who was laying on the ground. 

"It looks like she fell from the cliffside. Perhaps Ibuki did this."

"Right..."

He looked down a bit before going along the cliffside, me included, and went over to Horikita.

"Horikita-san, are you alright!? Can you hear me?!"

I'm unsure if he noticed this, but there seems to be footprints all over the place around Horikita. Perhaps Ibuki did really push her, and they had a fight? But... the footprints sizes. They're vastly different from each other.

"She's not responding. I checked her heartbeat and it's working. He's unconscious and injured. We're going to have to take her and retire her."

"Bummer."

While I didn't expect this, in the end Horikita would retire.

"Hirata, I'll carry her."

I carried her like a princess and began walking back to the camp with Hirata

"A-Ayano..."

She seemed to be somewhat awake as she looked at me in the eye.

"Thanks... I hate to say it but, I think of you as my ally. Not my..."

She couldn't finish her sentence as she reverted back to unconsciousness.

When we got back, everyone was flabbergasted. Many pointed fingers at Ibuki, the natural suspect. Some thought she simply fell and Ibuki either took the opportunity or just left in spite of fear.

All in all, Horikita would need to retire, Ibuki left and Shinjiro hasn't been in our camp for a day now. Hirata convinced the class that she'll be fine and that she just needs rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ayanokouji-kun, can you take her? It's best if I stay her while everyone else is sleeping."

"Got it."

And here I am now, with the sleeping Horikita who's still injured. From the distance, I see several medical staff members as well as the ship.

Eventually, I arrived at the beach. The ship was floating in the water, and the lights were on. It took a few minutes but it was need. Horikita's beautiful face was splashed with mud.

I started walking toward the beach. Somehow, I had managed to make it on time. It was just around seven o'clock in the evening. The teachers' tents had been taken down to avoid being blown away by the wind.

I went up the ramp to the pier and reached the ship's deck. One of the teachers noticed and raced up to me.

"You're prohibited from entering here. You'll be disqualified."