A Break || S.J = Fluff

Been a while. Lol.

"You know, my love.." You start speaking from the doorway of the room, hoping to gain the attention of your beautiful girlfriend as she went through some lines for her next part.

She hummed in response, she hasn't been very... Aware of your presence today as she was very concentrated on her work.

You sighed, walking to her chair and behind it. You lift your hands up and gently soothe your fingers onto the tenes muscles in her back.

She jerked a bit. They were sore. You continued massaging her back, fingers gently calming the muscles and pain in her back and shoulders. She let out a sigh, finally relaxed. She closed her eyes.

"You should take a break.." You said with concern in your voice. But you wanted Scarlett to take this decision, you didn't want to force her as you knew she'd feel guilty. She needed to realise, with your help, that taking breaks is part of the process.

"But my work.." She mutters, eyes still closed.

"Baby, what happened last time, when you tried to cram everything for that one scene..?"

She didn't let you finish because she chuckled, embarrassed.

"I ended up... Forgetting everything." She said, sighing.

"And you felt angry, right?" You asked, still massaging her. She hummed in response. "Because you overworked." You said and she hummed again.

"I understand what you're saying... But I can't help but want to do everything right now." You chuckled and kissed her forehead, coming in front of her.

"It's ok to feel like that, Scarlett. I understand your feelings. But as good of a superhero you are, you still need to have rest periods." You smile at her.

She thought for a moment before smiling up at you. She holds your waist and pulls you closer.

"You're right." She admitted. "I would like to take a break." You grin at her and lean in, kissing her soft lips.

"Good, where do you want to go?" You asked, a small blush on your face.

"Anywhere with you is paradise." You blushed even more. "What would I ever do without you?" She asked and you chuckled.

"You'd probably would've worked so hard, you recite the lines in your sleep.." She chuckled at your comment.

"Let's go for a walk, just around.." You nod, kissing her forehead.

"Let's go, baby. You deserve a break." You took her by the hand and led her to your closet. You put her coat on and yours too, all while she stared at you in admiration and love.

You took your wallet and opened the door for Scarlett to walk out, bowing.

"After you, my Queen." You said and she blushed, hand on her chest as she walked out.

"Why thank you, my Knight in Shining Armour.." She waited for you to close the door and as you did, you smiled at her, locking the door.

"So, just around then, hm?" You asked and she nodded, extending her arm out for you to take her hand. But instead, you kissed the top of it and then locked your fingers with hers.

"Wow, you're really playing out this Queen thing..." She chuckled and you smiled.

"Anything to see that beautiful smile on your face.." She sighed, looking at you.

"I can't believe I found someone as amazing as you." You kissed her cheek.

"It's me who should be saying that, now, let's go, sweetheart." You said and she nodded, still smiling.

The two of you eventually took a very peaceful walk around your neighborhood, seeing children playing in the park, adults cautioning them and you saw an ice-cream vendor.

"Wait righttttt here, ok?" You said, grinning at Scarlett. She rose a brow and nodded. You left her at the park bench and ran to the vendor.

You got the biggest ice-cream to share they had to offer and slowly walked back to Scarlett who had a shocked expression on her face, but that smile never leaving.

"I know, it's humongous." You chuckle as you set it between the two of you on the bench, sitting down. "And there's ever possible flavour they had there, too!"

Her mouth was agape and so you fed her a spoonful of ice-cream. She  tasted it and she nodded her head.

"Oh, wow, it's amazing!" She said and you chuckled.

"Eat up, then. Or would you prefer it if I fed you?" You asked, taking a bit of he ice-cream yourself.

"Would you mind?" She asked, tilting her head.

"Obviously not, I love feeding you." You rolled your eyes as you kiss her hand. "I'd do anything you want me to." You smiled.

"That's wayyyy too much power to give me." You scrunch your nose as you feed her ice-cream.

"I trust you." You winked with a chuckle.

The rest of the evening was spent in peace, you and Scarlett took a long stroll together after you finished your ice-cream, you even went for dinner, something you had missed dearly.

When you saw the tired look in Scarlett's eyes, despite the happiness within them, you knew it was time to go home.

So the two of you walked out, hand in hand, and went back home, content and full of love.

You allowed Scarlett to have her privacy, she took a shower and you decided to get the bed ready for her, you knew she would want to rest her eyes now.

When she came back, she smiled and sighed at you.

"God, I love you."

"I love you more.."

You grinned widely, tilting your head and gesturing for her to put on her pajamas. She nodded, still smiling and did just that, turning off the lights and getting into bed with you.

She immediately wrapped her arms around you and sighed deeply, her body finally relaxing.

"Thank you, my darling.." She whisper, eyes closed as you stroke her hair, kissing her forehead.

"Anything for my Queen.." You mutter as you hold her close knowing that Scarlett was right there. With you. Happy and content. What more could you ask for?

All you remember was the smile on Scarlett's face when you said that, how she looked so relaxed, and the love that you had for her in your heart.

Written with love, by your delayed author. I love you. ❤️