An Offer I Could Definitely Refuse.

Luke's POV:

"Welcome home."

Staring down to the girl who stood before me, I couldn't help but feel the smirk growing on my lips.

I finally got her.

I watch as the corner of her lips indent into her mouth, very obviously biting hard onto the inside of her cheek as she watches me.

It had to be hard enough to draw some blood.

Her brown eyes peek behind my own, before quickly glancing back my way, mischief growing behind them, "You know Mr. Hemmings," she sighs, "this will not end well for you...or your little friends."

"I wasn't betting on it, Miss. Rhodes." A slight grimacing smile forms across my lips.

However, it was wiped clean immediately, followed by a stinging sensation across my cheek.

Maeve runs past me quicker then my hands could catch her, her eyes darting every which way to find what I could only assume was a way out.

"Dammit, Ashton!" I speak through gritted teeth, "fucking catch her!"

Ashton braces his body, preparing to get a hold of Maeve anyway he could as he enters
a football stance, arms wide as she begins running up to him.

What the fuck is she doing?

I find myself in awe as I watch the girl reach around Ashton's bicep, pulling down hard before Ashton goes through the air, landing hard against the wooden floor on his back.

"Shit!" Ashton groans, moving to a fetal position.

My eyes flick back to Maeve, who was turning her head every way, before locking down on a sight.

She was going for the window.

"For fucks sake," I mutter, walking quickly over to her, stepping over Ashton in the process, "Pathetic."

"Fuck you, man." Ashton hissed.

Making my way behind the girl, I find myself allowing my back to lean against the counter top, finding myself amused by the sight of her escape once again.

When the boys and I decided to stay here for good, we had everything dead bolted. Windows, doors, anything that lead to the outside world.

I told them it was to keep others out.

Not to keep people in.

Realizing the window wasn't going to budge, I watch as Maeve's eyes flash to anything that could help break it. And I feel my heart plummet when she grabs hold of the small wooden white box.

"Hey!" I shout, reaching behind me and grasping the cold metal, "I wouldn't fucking do that if I were you."

Clicking back the lever of the gun, I watch her body instantly freeze, her arms raising a bit in an immediate surrender as she faced the window.

She was a clever girl. She knew exactly what she heard.

"What the fuck is going on in here?" Michael enters, his eyes widening at the sight of the gun pointing to Maeve, "and what the hell are you doing, Luke!"

"Put the box down, or I swear to god a bullet is going to go straight through your skull." I hiss.

Standing still for just a moment, I watch as she begins to back away from the window, setting the box down back on the table where she had originally found it's content.

Relief floods through me, and a small sigh escapes my lips.

She should consider herself lucky for listening to me.