Chapter 13-Behind the Wall

Start from the beginning

-- -🔑- - -

"Halt, what is your intention to enter?!"
"Woah, please, calm down a little, Mr.Guard!" cried Nancy.
In order to trick someone who knew everything about the city and the people in that city, Norman,Blossom and Nancy agreed on one thing together for their plan.
In order to lie to someone in a perfect way, you have to.....
Say the entire truth which no one can have any doubt.
"Well....sir, my name is Blossom Gardener, an elf from a Gardener family which used to live in the city before the war. andshe's my girlfriend and another elf used to live here, Nancy."
"....And that one?"
"Him? that is our medical patient, Normi Aquilo."
"Hmm.....what's your intention for coming here?"
"You see, I heard from outside the city already that Mr.Solomon had left for a business trip, so I came to talk with Stripes, in order to meet....and to talk to them. if they're both too busy to talk with us as a friends, then I'll just browse some things to shop to send to my parents residing in a Cloudsville. also, we needed to bring Normi here so that we can heal him in a better condition with his family."
"Is that so....then put your hand on this orb. all of you."
They did, and the orb seemed to have revealed that they're all elves and a half elf.
Because of that, the guard looked at Nancy with a bit of a despiseful look, but they were allowed to pass through....
"Wait."
("Aw, man...c'mon----")
"What's that in your back?"
"Oh, this? since I used to study hard inPlantledge, this is a pet flower I invented, to give to Stripes for a gift."
"Let me see."
And while guard was examining the flowerpot, the flower was completely unmoving while it was being examined by the guard.
And Blossom and Nancy both hoped for the plant to not move while it was being shaken.....
"Fine, then. you're allowed to pass."
Both couple and Norman sighed in relief in their minds, and smiling, they took the pot and quickly entered through the entrance, hoping that they're looking calm and unsuspicious.

-- -🔑- - -

"This place surely looks like it was abandoned for a long time......." muttered Emily as they entered through the house's dusty wooden floor.
"Since it has several floors, how about we all seperate to examine each floors?" suggested Lisa.
"Are you sure? but the detector's....." said Kyle.
"It could be either up or down now....it might be more convenient for all of us to look at each floor and find anything suspicious."
"Well, if you say so, Lis. now let's go, guys~!" with that, September went to the cellar right away, and Emily, S.S., Kyle and Lisa finally parted in order to examine each first, second, third and fourth floor.
And since there was a fifth floor as well, Kyle, who got fourth floor, decided to examine the place as well.
"Wait, but since Emily has a detector, how are all four of us going to find anything suspicious??" queried Kyle.
"Well....since all the creatures residing in LD can detect some queer magics themselves, S.S., me, and Sep would be fine. as for you, Kyle, you said you have some magic in you as well, it would be fine for you to find some things as well." Lisa replied cautiously.
"Mm...okay. fine."
So with that, they all parted their ways to examine each floors.
Lisa, who were examining the first floor, haven't found anything suspicious but a cracked wooden boards and a loads of cobwebs and dusts.
And in a corner, she found two doors with a numbers on them, and she could suspect that this place was some sort of an inn long ago.
And S.S., who were searching the second floor, found some old frames with faded picture of a well-dressed family, and in a drawer, she found some papers and a key.
Papers were faded and a liquid seemed to have been spilled over them, so she couldn't read, but the key was leading her to one of the doors.
And Emily, who was searching the third floor, entered one of the doors, and she saw a strange worm-looking creature eating a dirt in the corner, but when the creature saw her, it squeaked and quickly fled into the floor.
Emily quickly ran to search the hole, but the creature was quicly gone, and when she looked through the hole, it only revealed that it was some sort of an indoor garden, and the creature had made a hole in the floor and a wall to enter and then to escape.
And finally Kyle was searching the rooms and the floor's corridor, and found some sort of a hammer at the corner of the corridor.
He didn't know why it was there, but he kept it just in case.
Just then, Lisa and S.S. heard the scream from the cellar, so without having a time to tell the others, they quickly went to the cellar which was being searched by September.
Sep was in an utter darkness only lit by some natural crystals, and in front of her, there was a creature looking like a dark fireball floating and giggling in a echoing, light sound.
S.S. quickly lunged at the thing to chase it away, and tasting the power of the queer, powerful magic, the creature quickly fled away, squeaking in a echoing sound.
"What the....gills, thanks. by the way, What even was that?!" exclaimed September.
"That was a Death Fire....a low class spirit of darkness...it doesn't cause much harm, only likes to scare some people...but they usually doesn't reside in a place like this?"
"Phew.......anyways, I was a bit scared to face another monster.....man..."
"It's fine now....by the way, Lisa. did you find anything strange?"
"No. not at all....I only found out that this place was a long time ago some sort of an inn. how about you?"
"Same for me. it certainly seems like some inn....but there was some weird papers and a framed picture. and since there was this key, some doors are probably locked."
"Aw, man...then how can we find where Chloe was hidden?"
"It's alright. I have an idea for that. it might be a bit violent....but still. how about you, Sep? did you find anything suspicious excluding that Death Fire?"
"Naw...not really, there was just this weird crystal stuffs and some old junks....hey, do you think we can use this crystals? it might be able to help us..."
"No, Sep. they're the different crystals, and they're certainly not having any magical abilities in them."
"Gills, fine. but what about the other guys?"
"Kyle and Emily are each searching the third and fourth floor. and Kyle volunteered to search the fifth floor as well."
"I see.....hey, by the way, what are you guys gonna do now?"
"Lisa. Sep. I suggest we search this place first. according to you, you said those Death things doesn't reside in a place like this."
"Yeah. they usually reside in a place like woods or some old graveyards...unless....someone would have summoned them with some magic abilities!"
"I see....well, before we go join those two at the upper floors, we search this place first. do you have anything to light the way?"
"I have. see, Nancy gave me some glowing leaf."
And with that, Lisa held the leaf looking like autumn's leaf up, which glowed warm and golden like a lamp or a fire.
"Now, let's go."
So girls walked on, and on, to the end of the darkness, to find anything to help them, or just to reveal themselevs to put them in a danger.