Chapter 11

————————
Eddard Stark
————————

Eddard watched as Ash rolled to the side in her sleep. He has been married to her for five years, and she is still beautiful in her nude, even if she had the pale scars from giving birth to Lyarra, Cregan, and Clarisse.

Ned grabbed a lock of her dark black hair, he played with it, rolling it around his fingers. Ned saw Ash move again and saw that she was turning towards him, Ned also saw that her eyes were open, beautiful purple eyes staring, at his brown eyes.

Ash spoke, "What has been keeping you awake my love?"

Ned thought back to the reason why he was still awake, "Robert offered wants me to be the Hand of the King." He looked Ash and saw that she was growing angry, "Yes I know we talked about this but that is the thing that has been staying awake at this hour. The real reason is because he wants to join our great houses, with a marriage to his eldest 'trueborn' son and my daughter, Sansa."

Ash nodded, "I understand your concerns, Ned. But that shit of a crowned prince..."

Ash couldn't finish her sentence because a loud knocking at the door. Ned got from his bed, puts on his rode and walked to the door. He opened to see that Lady Tully was there with Maester Luwin, behind her.

Ned looked to his Maester, with a questioning look, he answered his question, "A raven from Lady Arryn, my Lord. It was sent to Lady Tully but she wanted to show you the scroll as well."

Ned nodded and looked to Lady Tully, "What is this raven, my Lady?"

Lady Catelyn gave him the scroll, "My sister believes that Jon Arryn didn't die from his old age, but by poison." Lady Tully whispered the next thing, "She believes he was poisoned by the Lannisters."

Ned's eyes widened, "Is your sister sure of this?" Lady Catelyn nodded, "Thank you My Lady for showing me the scroll." Lady Tully nodded, "Now if you'll excuse me, I would like to speak to my Maester and lady Wife."

Ned saw Lady Tully frown, and nodded, and turned to go back to her room but before she was a few steps away, Ned said again, "Thank you, Catelyn, for showing me this scroll, truly."

Lady Tully looked to him with wide eyes, but her mask slowly formed back, she smiles, "It wasn't much, My Lord." She quickly turned around, and went on her way.

Ned looked back to the Maester, and moved out of the way, allowing the Maester to enter. When the maester was in his room, he closed to door and locked it. He turned around and saw that Ash was still in the bed, looking at the Maester.

He walked to the fire and threw the scroll into the fire and watched as the fire burned the scroll into ashes. He heard that his wife and Maester were talking. He heard Ash gasp.

His maester then spoke to both of them, "I believe becoming the king's hand, is the best thing you can do my lord."

Ned didn't speak, he just continued looking into the fire. He heard Ash respond to what the maester just said, "Why would he do that? He's putting himself into danger."

"True my lady, but it's Ned's choice ." Ned felt the maester looking at him, "It's your choice, you can go be hand of the king, and rule the kingdom in his set, and rule over the Kingdom and make it stay stable, or stay here and watch as the south falls and crumbles."

Ned couldn't choose so he did the best thing he could think of, he stood and got dressed. When he was completely dress he looked to his wife and maester, "I'm going to the Godswood, I'm going to ask for the gods help."

Ned walked to the door and unlocked it and opened the door and walked to the Godswood. On his way there he heard clashing of steel, he followed the sound, and what he saw brought back some long dead memories.