Prologue + Chapter 1

Prologue: Howland Reed

Howland was cleaning his wound when he heard footsteps coming from the Tower of Joy. When he looked up, he saw his Lord carrying a bundle of clothing, two maids, and a wet nurse.

When Eddard Stark, got closer he noticed that his eyes were red and puffy from crying. He was about to ask what happened there, but his lord told him everything he needed to know.

"Robert's Rebellion was a lie, a complete lie. Rhaegar didn't kidnap Lya, he loved her and she loved him. I was a fool to believe anyone would love Robert. Lyanna was looking for a way out of her betrothal to Robert, and she found it in a man that would truly love her, Prince Rhaegar. So when he came to her with a deal she took it." Then Ned looked down at the bundle of clothing, and that was when Howland saw two small hands trying to grab Ned.

Then his lord continued, "In my arms, is the only living child of Rhaegar Targaryen." Ned then looked up into Howland's eyes, and with a loud voice, "You stand in the presence of King Daeron Targaryen, Third of his Name, The King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Protector of the Realm, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms," He finished.

Howland was shocked to hear all this, but before he could ask questions, they heard the rattling of armor from behind Howland. When he turned around he saw Ser Arthur Dayne, getting to his feet.

Howland was going to grab his sword when Lord Stark stopped him. Arthur was struggling to stay on his own two feet. The only thing that kept him up was the sword in his hand, tip in the sand.

"Lord Stark, can I see the King, before I die, I want to see my friend's last son..." Arthur coughed then. When he looked back up he had blood going down his chin.

Ned looked like he was going to refuse, but he walked towards Ser Arthur, was going to his knees when Ned got close. Howland didn't know if he was doing it because his knees were weak or he was bowing to his King.

And when the knight went to his knees, so did Lord Stark.

Ned repositioned the babe in his arms so that the knight could see him better, and when Ser Arthur saw him he started to cry in Joy that he wouldn't die without seeing his last King.

Howland got closer, and the closer he got he heard noises coming from the bundle of clothing, and when he got behind Ser Arthur, he saw Daeron trying to grab at Ser Arthur.

Ser Arthur rose his free arm. He gave the babe his pinky and the babe grabbed it and started to speak baby. Arthur laughed and laughed the whole time the King was playing with his pinky. And not long after Ned joined the laughing, but it didn't last long though.

Ser Arthur started to cough again and this time it was worse than the last. Ned motioned one of the maids to take the King away. When his arms were free he helped the knight into a laying down position. Howland walked over. He went his knees beside his Lord. It was quiet for a good few minutes with the only noise coming from the babe.

Ser Arthur broke the silence. "Lord Stark there is a chest in the room beside the entrance," *cough* "in the chest there are documents of the princess and prince's marriage, also six dragons," *cough*cough* "there should also be a sword with it. Please take them with you when you go ba..." *cough*cough*cough* "back North." Ned nods.

Arthur takes one last look at his King and similes, then he lost all coloring in his eyes. Everything went quiet then, very the babe, who is asleep, Ned and Howland bowed their heads in respect, and within a few minutes, they looked up.

Within a few hours, they had all the bodies of the North and Kingsguard, in a carriage with the chest, two swords(Dawn, and the one Rhaegar gave Lyanna). Leading the group was Ned and Howland.