Chapter 39

"What?!" I exclaimed and slowly turned to Bianca, who threw her face the other way. "You should check out the school's blog, you're literally the trending topic this morning" Harley said, shoving her phone in my face.

"I wonder who broadcasted that fake news!" I yelled, shutting my locker. "People think you're undecided, you can't pick between the Parker boys" she continued to explain.

"Pick? Mason hasn't even asked me out yet" I crossed my hands over my chest.

"Y'all have been close for a while, you don't need a tag on it" she replied and I glared at Bianca.

Everyone thinks I'm dating Mason, I mean I didn't mind the news but...I needed a label on it.

After the kiss yesterday, I ran out, face in my hands... just for me to scream in my pillow in excitement. Told my best friend and now the whole school knows.

"Speak of the devil, he's here" She announced and they both shot me the same look from yesterday.

They snuck out as he approached, I focused on him, my cheek already heating up before he was even in front of me.

"Hey" he had a smile on his lips, that smile I admired.

Glancing over his shoulder, I saw few girls glaring at me as they walked past. What the fuck?

"Hey" I said back, tucking my hair behind my ear. He said nothing else and just stared down with that same smile. "Look, I'm sorry about the news going around, Bianca has a big mouth and-"

"I don't mind the news going around" his fingers graced my cheek and I locked eyes with him. "I don't care, as long as it's with you" he leaned down, kissing me lightly.

I couldn't still believe this was real. My eyes moved to the ground shyly and I heard him chuckle.

"Now come on, we gotta head to class" I smiled, taking his hand in mine and we walked down the hallway.

Did I want this? Definitely.

★★★

I walked to the sink to wash out the ink stain on my hand. I heard the door shut close, looking up at the mirror.

I saw Melissa.

I turned off the tap and turned to leave but..."How's the relationship going?" she asked.

"I see you are all cleaned up" I retorted. "Yeah and I guess it's my turn again" she walked to me. "Don't you give up Melissa? This feud is over-"

"No it's not until I say it is!" she yelled. "It just began, Charlotte. Enjoy all the attention and love for now, it's a matter of time" I stared at her.

"And it's getting pretty cold out there, you should really get ready for the storm coming" she smirked before heading back out.

What the fuck was that?

I headed out the bathroom and Bianca walked to me. "What took you so long?"

"Your ink stain" I replied, taking my bag from her and we began heading to the next class. "So, I met this guy Ruen, he's in the basketball team" she started.

"Now what? I thought you were interested in Chadwick" I said. "I am but then there's Arielle. I'm sure this life Economics project would get them back together" she groaned.

"So, what's the plan?" I knew she had one. "You know me too well. Well, I and Chadwick have been close lately, we had a class together and I happened to leave by book on his desk by accident..." I shot her a look.

"It's me, Charlotte. Your best friend" I reminded her.

"Oh shit! Okay, I left my book on his desk on purpose to get his freaking attention and it worked but now I wanna kick Arielle out of his heart and mind thoroughly"

"Bianca, that's not cool" I said.

"Who cares? That way they would never get back together, I just need something to make them hate each other. And that way they'll stop being partners and she will prolly transfer out of the class" she explained.

"And then Chadwick fails the project and gets bad grade, is that what you really want?" I asked.

"No! After that, I transfer in and Mrs Kendall would have no choice but to make us partners and I'll be his comfort and this whole temporary couple thing would lead to a sturdy relationship"

She thought this through, didn't she?

"Oh please Bianca, not just a little argument would make Arielle jeopardize a project they've been working on for weeks" I pointed out.

"Who said it was gonna be a little argument, I'm gonna make a whole fuss!" she threw her hands in the air. "Do you know what made them break up the last time?"

She's gonna tell me anyways.

"He forgot their anniversary but then got a chance for a do over. In so doing he threw an elaborate surprise which caused Arielle to have an allergy attack. She's allergic to nuts. She's allergic to a lot of things"

"You did your research, didn't you?"

She hummed in reply. "Well, I know you B. You'll get bored and all this shit would be a huge waste of time"

"That's not-

"You can't stick around for long. You can't do sturdy relationship" she scoffed. "Says the girl in a sturdy relationship"

"I'm barely in a relationship with Mason, you just spread the fake news!"

"That shit is real as fuck!"

★★★

"You are dating Mason?" I got startled and spilled the orange drink on the counter. "Shit Chloe" I cursed.

"You are dating Mason" This time she stated, I glanced at her. The way she said it... like she was mad at me or some shit.

"We haven't really put a label on-"

"You've kissed right?"

"Chloe..." I laid down the jug. "I don't care" she walked to the fridge. She's weird. "Hey sister in law" Austin said, grabbing my glass of orange drink.

"Please tell me why you aren't back to school..."

"So, when are you guys gonna make babies?" he dropped down the glass after taking a gulp. "I'm not your sister in law and there's gonna be no babies made" I shut him up.

"People are dying for that position" I rolled my eyes and sipped from the glass.

"People are also dying... because that decision was made" I looked up at him. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Ask yourself" Chloe answered, walking out. Austin only shrugged.

...