Chapter 17

Ricky's POV

I spend the entire evening overthinking about Kate and the choice I have to make.

"Want to talk about it?" I hear Andy ask, snapping me from my thoughts.

I lift my head to see that he had woken up, his breathing shallow.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, avoiding the question.

"That doesn't answer my question." He replies, grunting while placing his hand over the wound.

I sigh. "There's nothing to talk about." I shrug.

"You and I both know that's a lie." Andy says and looks at me, waiting for a proper answer.

Water starts filling my eyes. "I don't know what to do." I whisper, my voice raspy.

"About Kate?"

I nod.

"My mother would be disappointed in me." My voice breaks.
I can no longer hold back tears.

"This isn't your fault. This all started the moment she was born. Lilith pulled her into the dark side as well. You raised her well, loved her with all your heart. And that was enough."

I scoff. "All of that for nothing." I mumble and wipe my tears. "Kate no longer knows who we are."

"No, she doesn't. But the Kate she was yesterday has all those memories, good memories. If we can't get her back, you should remember how happy Kate was growing up. That was the Kate you still love and will always remember. Don't remember her as the enemy." He says. "I will always remember her as the stubborn girl who pushed me away." He chuckles softly.

"What about the Kate who loved you?" I ask.

"No matter how much it was, it wasn't real. Lilith had her heart and was controlling her."

"Rumplestiltskin said the curse only worked on true love. Lilith couldn't have commanded her to do that."

"She was toying with us, do you really think she went soft for love, even for a minute?" He asks.

I don't say anything. He's right.

"Even if it was true love, love can always die just as fast as it can bloom." He whispers. "She turned from victim to villain. And villains don't get happy endings."

"No, they don't. That must be why Lainey died. She was my happy ending, so was Kate. I lost them both." I whisper. "You know...she has to die in order for you to live."

"Are you going to let that happen? Let me die?" He asks.

"All I know is that I'm not going to let that happen." I reply.

He sighs. We don't say anything after that. We just let a comfortable silence fill the room.

Andy suddenly gasps, sitting up in a blink of an eye.

"Whoa, are you okay?" My eyes widen.

"No." He chokes out. "I feel something get ripped from me. Go get Rumple." He shuts his eyes and screams in agony, sending me out of my seat and running out of the shop.

My mind instantly takes me to Granny's diner. I push the doors open and look all around the room, spotting Rumple with Belle in a booth eating hamburgers.

I rush towards them.

Rumple looks up at me and looks annoyed. "What do you want?"

"It's Andy. He said he feels something being ripped from him, painfully." I reply.

"That's because something is, his magic/ powers are being ripped away from his body by the poison."

Just as I'm about to say something, the windows from the diner all shatter, making people scream.

I turn and see Kate enter the room.

"Rumple, get us out of here." I yell as soon as Kate starts running toward us.

Purple haze surrounds us and we fade from the diner, appearing in Rumple's shop.

"Rumple did you just leave innocent people to die in the diner?" Belle asks in disbelief.

"She isn't after them. She's after us." Rumple replies and walks towards the back part of the shop. We follow him.

Andy is gripping the blankets underneath him, gasping for air. Beads of sweat are running down his forehead. He looks like he has a fever, yet is shivering as if he were cold.

"Rumple?" I whisper.

He runs his hand above Andy's body, instantly putting him to sleep.

"Rumplestiltskin!" A voice enters the shop, followed by footsteps.

Emma and Regina walk into the room, side by side.

"Why the hell is Kate here? And wanting to kill? Who is she after?" Regina growls.

"She's not after you, dearie. But she will be after she's done with us." He snaps. "I need you and Miss Swan to put a protection spell around the shop. I need dark and light magic combined. It won't stop Kate, but it will slow her down."

Regina nods and follows Emma out of the shop.

Screams are heard and the shop shakes as if an earthquake took over.

I frown when it stops.

The shop door is heard opening and closing. We all freeze, and Rumple and I look at each other.

"Regina?" Rumple calls out.

No response.

Kate suddenly walks into the room and actually freezes us before we get the chance to take another breath.

"I'm not here to kill you just yet. I have a message to deliver from Lilith. She says war is coming, between good and evil. She says that you will fight or we come to Storybrooke and kill everyone in it, and then moving on to the human world." Kate says, no emotion in her voice or eyes. "She'll let you know when it's time. Time is ticking."

She then disappears into black haze and we unfreeze.

"What did she mean by a war between good and evil?" Belle asks.

"Her demon army against us."

"We have no hope, then. We don't have an army." I sigh.

"That's not exactly true." A voice says behind us.

I turn around and see Nick with Katherine.

I frown. "Is this what you went off to do?"

"He came to me again and told me what happened. He convinced me to join your side. Lilith must be stopped. All of the guardians will fight." She says.

"So will we." Regina walks in with Emma.

I look back at Rumple.

"I've made my decision." I say.

"And what is that?"

"I need the sword of the angel. Andy won't be the one to die."

___________

I'm so sorry for not updating! I've had no inspiration whatsoever and I hope this chapter didn't suck!

Which side are you on? Good or evil? ;)

VOTE?

COMMENT?