Chapter 22, Forever and ever together.

Comincia dall'inizio

"P'Pai...?" Sky whispered, seemingly unbelieving.

"Hush," Prapai whispered, "I need you to rest."

No matter how many questions Pai had, he knew Sky did need to rest. Sky was strong, yes, but that didn't mean he was unbreakable.

Sky just softly shook his head.

"How-.....Why-....What?"

Prapai chuckled slightly despite how his heart wanted to tear itself apart at the confused, blood-soaked, look of Sky.

Then, Sky's eyes fell on his wings laying on both sides of him and he turned his head way to quickly back to Prapai.

"You....Aren't you angry?" Sky coughed out, and some blood spilled onto the while sheets.

"Hush." Pai said again, very gently scooting Sky back into a lying position when he tried to sit up. "You've lost so much blood Sky, and I don't know how to properly treat you. I would've taken you to the hospital, but...." Prapai looked at Sky's feathers, and some part of him was still shocked that they were there.

Sky, even though finally lying still, kept his eyes open and staring at Pai, looking both scared and glad, but there was also another feel to the stare. It was like he was drilling his gaze into Prapai, willing to understand something.

Prapai sighed, knowing he had to answer.

"Why would I be angry, Sky na?"

Sky just blinked.

"You saved me, and risked your life in the process. It's a miracle you're still alive and breathing, you had no idea how scared I was."

Sky blinked again.

"But....But-....You should be angry. You should be violent and...." Sky trailed off as more blood coughed out of his mouth.

"Why would you say such a thing?" Prapai asked, genuinely curious, and wondering what had happened to his boy that caused him to have such thoughts. "Why would I ever hurt you?"

Silence followed the question, as Sky slipped even further under that unexpected and shocked look. He looked as though he couldn't possibly believe what Pai was saying.

"You-...you won't?" Sky said so that his voice was even quieter than a whisper.

"Why would I Sky? Look at yourself, and then remember everything you've been through. You are so amazing, I really can't believe my luck." Pai said earnestly. The truth in his words weigh a lot, and Sky remained silent.

Prapai continued, finally wanting to say everything that has been on his mind for quite a while. "You are so strong and capable and independent. Your past has been hard, but you pushed through. You had much more problems than anyone I know, but you managed to solve them. In addition to that, you are also super kind and helpful, as well as incredibly smart and intelligent. You changed me. I used to be a playboy who just went around having sex with people for fun, and never getting into anything real. But Sky, even when I first saw you, I knew something about you was different. You may think I would be angry when I found out you kept your wings from me, but I understand. Okay...." Prapai paused, "I don't, but I think they make you even better. Make you even more special and worthy of so much more than me. Sky," Pai paused again, this time looking Sky straight into the eyes. "You are incredible. Don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise."

"You somehow found me when I was in danger, and I know you would've died for me. Nobody would have died for me before. Not even my parents. If that isn't enough proof of how great you are I'll burn all my money. You. Are. Incredible." Prapai finished, and he felt every word. He genuinely and truly meant what he said.