Chapter nine, "what are you doing here?"

——————
Prapai POV
——————

I'm dead worried after I end Rain's call. Why? I don't know. But now isn't the time to think. From the very little I know, Sky passed out. I know the situation can't be good in any way, so I have to be as fast as I can.

I sprint down the stairs, four at a time, and almost trip at the bottom. My secretary, P'Namtan, gives me a look, but I really don't care.

I race to my car and hop inside. The drive would take me 15 minutes by car, if I drive fast enough.

——————

When I arrive, I drop my car in the nearest parking space, not caring where it ends up. I step into the hallway, and jump to P'Joy's desk.

"Can I have a keycard? Please?" I ask her, out of breath.

"Are you here for Sky?" She answers with a sly smile.

"Yes! Yes, I'm here for Sky, now can I have a keycard?"

She obviously sees I'm in a hurry and says

"Sure, here" hands me a card and I hear the last of her word before running off. "Good luck, Sky is a tuff one."

I ignore her and dash put the flight of stairs into Sky's condo.

I know the room number because Rain texted earlier, but I'm still glad he went out into the hallway to meet me.

I rush up to him and stop when I see the look he's giving me.

"Can I trust you?" Is the first thing Rain asks when I come up to him.

I nod my head hurriedly and reply "Yes"

Rain doesn't look convinced. He eyes me warily, even though he is the one who called me here.

As though he hears my question, Rain says in a rush "I had nobody else to call, and I read Sky's texts so I saw you being kind to him. Besides, you can't be that bad if you are Payu's best friend. I would've stayed myself, but I've got homework to complete that's due tomorrow."

I nod again, and say "Trust me, I wouldn't do anything to your friend. I can take care of him."

Rain hesitates, but looks down at his watch and sighs. "Promise me."

"I promise!" I say, a little impatiently because I understand that he is trying to be a good friend to Sky, but still! Sky is hurt! He doesn't need to be left alone!

Rain looks hesitant once more before handing me a pair of keys.

"Take good care of him Prapai."

And even though I don't say it, I promise I will. I will make sure Sky is alright.

Rain runs off as soon as I put the keys in the keyhole.

I open the door as quietly and quickly as I can, because I think Sky is asleep.

He is. I find him in a bedroom to the right, eyes closed, asleep, and with a wet towel on his forehead.

I try not to stare.

Wait- why do I try not to stare?

I come and put my hand to his head, checking the temperature. Sky is burning hot. I check the towel, and it's hot as well. Not as hot as the sleeping boy, but hot enough.

I go, find the bathroom, and grab a small bowl from the sink counter.

I pour cold water inside it, making sure it's a good enough temperature to be just right.

I bring the bowl back to the bedroom, careful not to spill it.

I take the towel and sink it into the water, making it cold. I rinse it, and then put it back on Sky's head, careful to pull his hair out of the way.