Chapter fourteen, getting to know him

——————

Sky, once more was unable to speak.

"I-uhhh"

His mind went absolutely crazy, as Sky searched for a thing to say.

He needed a lie, a thing to say. Something. Anything.

Anything so that Prapai wouldn't investigate further. Sky knew having Pai here was dangerous, but he never realized that if Prapai figured something out (It would be faster than last time, seeing all the evidence in Sky's room) that Sky would be in mortal danger, because Pai seemed stronger than Gun, so he could cause more damage to Sky.

Prapai raised his eyebrows.

What could Sky do? Was there anything to do?

Finally, his mind settled on a lie that was still outright ridiculous, but better than the others.

Before speaking, Sky tried to hide all the panic from his voice.

"You know I like art, right?" Sky asked Pai

"No, but that's the third thing I learned about you! I'm making progress!"
Pai's voice sounded more interested than anything else, and that calmed Sky a little more.

"So, I was thinking about what I should do for a design for the last cheer, you see, I work on mostly the things 'backstage' and that includes making designs for T-Shirts, organizing of people, assigning jobs, and other stuff like that. A few days ago, I worked on a design for a T-shirt and I had to do it bird themed, so I thought, 'Why not do a feather?'" Sky paused, thinking further into the lie.

"I needed a prototype, so I made one. Besides, I wanted the shirt to stand out, so I made it brightly colored. There."

Prapai nodded, and even though Sky knew he spoke with a calm voice, he was surprised that Pai took the lie.

"That was the longest thing I've ever heard you say," Prapai admitted "I kinda like your voice."

Sky stifled a sigh. Both a relived sigh, but also a sigh of exasperation. This man knew how to flirt so well, but sometimes, like now, using the words 'kinda' and that tone of voice, he sounded a bit idiotic.

"It's very realistic, you did a great job of painting it. It's like it's actually a purple feather. It feels like it's real." Prapai questioned Sky, narrowing his eyes a little.

But now that Sky's mind calmed, he kept a straight face and revealed nothing.

Pai sighed, as twirled the feather between his fingers.

Thinking something over, he moved to Sky and plopped down on the bed beside him.

"Here." He said, handing the container of pills and water bottle to Sky.

Sky took them, and gulped down the medicine, taking a sip of water after.

He immediately felt much better, though Sky was not convinced it was due to the medicine, more like because of the male beside him.

"Thanks." Sky said, and then yawned. The flight had been exhausting.

"You sleep." Prapai said, taking the objects from Sky's hands and putting them on the bedside cabinet along with the feather.

When Sky's head touched the pillow, he realized just how tired he was. So, he closed his eyes, and just before he drifted off in a haze, he felt a small peck on his cheek.

"Fine..." he groggily mumbled "You..can sleep on the bed... but don't you dare touch me in my sleep."

"That's not what I wanted!" Prapai whined quietly