Chapter one, the beginning

Hi everyone,
I hope you enjoy my story and I want to apologize right away if I made any mistakes in the writing, so please tell me if there is something I should change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sky woke with a start.

The nightmares started again.

The scars on his chest were howling and searing with pain as though someone had cut through his flesh again.

Sweat, panic, helplessness, guilt. And then pain. Oh the pain. The way it made his whole body tense up, and the aching and throbbing marks that were left with it.

With the pain come the words "monster", "inhuman", and other things like "Things like you deserve to rot in hell"

It took Sky a whole five minutes to realize that this was not happening now. That this was all in the past. That he was alright. That these things were now long gone, so question:

Why, after so many years, do I dream of him again?

Also, why does my heart hurt so much?

——————
Sky POV
——————

I look down at my arms, and realize that they are trembling.

I can't help it. My whole body shakes with suppressed tears, but after a while, I let them come.

I thought that the nightmares stopped. I thought that maybe, because they haven't come in two years meant that they wont come back again. But they did. Maybe I knew they wouldn't stop after what happened, no matter how much time passed. Maybe I knew they wouldn't stop after he knew what I was.

But why today? Why did the nightmares start again? God, please help me find the answer.

I sit up, and hug my knees to my chest. I run a hand through my sweaty black hair and sob harder, even though no sound comes out. Then I watch as my huge, purple wings, once thought beautiful, but now discussing to my eyes unravel, and fall on the bed on either side of me.
My tears fist come with loneliness and heartbreak, but now, my eyes are blazing with rage as I look at them. My wings. The reason and source for all of the pain in my life, all the suffering and agony that I faced were because of them. I hate them...I hate my wings, and hate them being part of me.

——————
Time skip
——————

Sky wakes and continues his day as he usually does, not bothering to recall what happened in the night. He pointedly refuses to cry again over something that happened almost three years ago. And hopefully he can accomplish that. Hopefully...

His wings were still there, but as Sky usually did, he ignored them.

Sky hoped in the shower, ate breakfast, and jogged down the stairs to take his car to school.

Before entering the car, Sky muttered "disappear" and with that, his wings were gone. Not forever, no. He wished that they would vanish forever, but they could only do that for a few hours, and then appeared back again.

Oh how much he hated them...

——————
Time skip
——————

Sky's day proceeded, with nothing out of the ordinary. However, during lunch, Rain, (one of his only best friends) called Sky over, and walked him into an empty classroom.

"What do you want???" Sky protested as Rain harshly jammed him though the door.

"To talk" Rain replied simply