~In the trees~

It's been awhile... but anyways that was my fault for losing motivation to write but I'm back now and I can't promise that the writing will be the best since I'm inexperienced but I try my hardest to not make it incredibly cringy

Also when I say stuff like that or about my tiktok account I promise im not a pick-me I'm just incredibly awkward😭

As always, enjoy!!

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/N was woken up by the sound of something odd, she couldn't exactly name what it was. As of right now she has no idea of knowing what time it was since of course there were not clocks in the glade, just the sun and moon to be able to tell what time it was. Whatever the noise was, she decided it was coming from outside of her hut and she wanted to know what was causing it.

She begrudgingly rolled her feet off the bed and by that she guessed that her body's clock was telling her it was still night or at least too early for her to have woken up. Looking over at her curtain covered window, which was really just a square cutout in the huts wooden walls, no light slipped through. It was a little odd and normally she'd be weary of the strange sound but something felt different now.

Y/N walked over to her door that also had a much smaller window in it and pulled the small fabric aside to take a peek outside. Nothing.

She sighed in annoyance and wanted to go back to bed but couldn't, the noise was for some reason getting on her nerves. She's used to a lot of noise while trying to sleep but this one in particular really got to her.

"Shuck it." She decided to go out into the semi-open glade and find the source of the sound. She heard it coming from the left, so she followed it. Once she reached the deadheads she realized that it was coming from the left yet again.

It wasn't one of the noises that escaped from the maze nightly, no, she knew those. This was different and it was starting to make her feel uneasy. Y/N wondered if she should go back and get someone else or at least a torch, anything to make it easier to locate the irritating sounds.

It just kept coming from the left side of wherever she went and with only the moon and stars to light her path, it took her awhile to realize that she'd been making circles around the glade for who knows how long. "Great. I've been going in circles." She huffed and rolled her eyes.

Y/N decided to go get help from Alby since it was clear she wasn't going back to sleep until the noise was stopped, it was driving her crazy.

Because of being here for three years, Y/N knew every single square inch of this place even in the dark. Even on the nights that it was so dark that she couldn't tell if her eyes were open or closed, she still knew how to get around.

As of right now she was in the deadheads still but it felt like she'd been walking for at least ten minutes. She wanted to quicken up the process and get back to bed so she did what she was best at, she ran.

"What the hell?" She shouted in frustration realizing she wasn't getting any closer to the homestead. In fact she'd gotten further away, only surrounded by trees now. Y/N couldn't even see the maze walls. This was slightly unsettling considering the fact that from anywhere in deadheads, even in the deepest point, the tall stone walls could always be seen.

She let out a whine of exhaustion and annoyance and took a deep breath before continuing her run, this time picking up the pace a little. She just ran. Ran for an undetermined amount of time in any and all directions. "What the shuck!" She finally screamed. Y/N was more mad about the trees that she couldn't escape from and didn't care if anyone else heard her.