~Countdowns~

So I've just decided to go with the far fetched idea because I've made up a good scenario and plot for it and I just can't get the idea out of my head. I know no one has been commenting on those polls but I still am so excited for when we get to that point. (Also ______ means a name but I promise it'll make sense later.) Anyways, enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

TWO YEARS LATER

" 'Y/N I know I told you I would I-I just, it's hard to do anything around here ya'know?' I looked around at the blank walls and bright fluorescent lights, 'There isn't much of a future he for us. We have nothing to lose!' 'You might not but I do! Y/N we could lose our lives if they decided we were guilty. We could lose our friends, I can't lose you- please I'm just-' I cut him off by taking a deep breath, inhaling the cold, dry air that hurt my throat 'No- no, that's it... you're working with them... aren't you? I mean I always thought you were and I didn't care much but now? Now this has gone too far. You're agreeing with them now... ______ I can't-' I broke out in a slight sob, but no tears were visible, 'I have to go.' and with that I took my last look of him standing there wide-eyed and his mouth agape, and went back to our rooms. More like cells. "

Y/N jolted awake breathing heavily. She could already feel the dream slipping from her memory so she ran to get Alby as fast as she could. While running through the glade she realized that it was early. Very early. The oversized doors to the maze haven't even opened yet and the golden sun was just staring to peek over the giant walls that implied their safety. Once reaching Alby's hammock, which was further away from the rest, she made sure to carefully wake him up.

"Al-" The boy opened his eyes the second he heard a voice and looked up to see Y/N staring back at him.

"Well that was quick."

"I wasn't asleep. I was trying to fall back asleep after I thought about a lot of things."

Y/N scrunched up her face and asked "What things?"

"Just about the maze, this place, your dreams about the boy, just anything that doesn't have an answer. Which seems to be a lot of things." His eyes seemed to get lost in thought even just lightly touching on the subject.

"Well here's the thing. I had another dream Alby." Alby opened his mouth to respond but Y/N was already answering his questions before he got the chance to do so, "No I didn't see a face or hear a name. Same as last time, and the time before that."

"This is so strange, you used to have these dreams all the time like two years ago, now they only come a few times a month if you're lucky. It just doesn't make any sense." The boy admitted.

Y/N nodded her head, "Yeah I know, and I wouldn't call it lucky either. This is all that's on my mind, all day every day. I just want to know who this guy is, what the point of these dreams are, why it's always the same boy, or at least why I can't remember a name or face. I want to know so many things- I have so many questions."

Alby silently agreed and decided to change the topic, "Yeah well you might have a chance to change your focus, a new greenie comes up in a few days, and yes I know you-"

"I hate greenie day." She muttered.

Alby slightly chuckled, "Yeah I know, you say it every month."

"Funny." Her face remained straight, "And I know I shouldn't because we were all new once but like, they ask too many questions, especially about me since I'm the only girl, and they put up such a fight. It's gotten annoying over time. I used to love new greenies but ever since..." She paused.