Awakening • [1]

Hey guys, so I'm gonna add some of my own details and storylines that I want to put in so if some things seem out of place chances are it's most likely me doing my own thing. Also if there's gonna be a drastic change or a plot that I'm gonna add I'll tell you so that it won't catch you off guard. Enjoy!

TW: Mentions of SA, but nothing more than getting handsy happens.

________________________________________________________________________________

ALARMS BLARED AND red lights flashed. The surface that held her up shook in uneven patterns.

Y/N slowly opened her eyes to see the last of the white facility walls slip beneath the dark gray concrete walls.

The air was cold and had an added chill. Goosebumps spread on her skin like wildfire, and she shuddered as her first few thoughts set in.

"What—" She sat on her knees, her mouth agape. Y/N held a shaky hand up to the throbbing pain on her face and found that it was coming from multiple spots. Her nose, her eye, and the back of her head.

Crates around her trembled as the cage she was in seemed to carry her up to an endless void. She tried to stand but the constantly moving ground threw her off balance and finally, she sat in defeat.

The cage was slowing down and as it neared what she assumed was the top. She could see the roof splitting in two to reveal a blue sky, warm air seeping in. The crate was still about ten feet from the top, but it was getting warmer by the second, and that was a change that she didn't mind.

The tracks and wires that pulled the cage up came to a screeching halt. Leaves blew around in the air above and trickled into the cage. A figure approached the box in a crouched position, giving off a cautious instinct. "Who are you? Why are you here?" The boy spoke. His voice told a false story of authority, like it was Y/N who had intruded on his privacy.

"I-I don't— Wait, who am I? Who are you?" She looked up at him in terror and confusion, her voice trembling as she tried on his exact tone.

He seemed to mutter a few words to himself before replying, "I'm Alby. I've only been here for about a month. I know just as much as you do."

"What. . ." She murmured, dragging out the A sound. Her legs worked on getting her up, cramps settling in instantly. Y/N stumbled on her feet a bit before taking a good look around.

Boxes, sacks full of god knows what, and even more boxes. But when she turned her head upwards, a grey line peaked over the wired cage walls.

Alby jumped down into the box and moved slowly towards the girl, making sure to let his hands float in a non-threatening manner, "Here let me help you."

"What's my name? Why can't I remember my— What is it?" She demanded frantically, falsely suggesting he might have the answers.

"That happened to me too, I got it back within a day or so," He reassured her and extended a hand out, "Please just let me help you—"

"No!" Y/N swatted at his hand and backed away, her sore feet tripping on a crate.

"Or you can stay down here I guess, but I'm gonna need those." He gestured to the crates behind her, and she turned around and saw them labeled as W.C.K.D.

"Wicked? What's that?"

"I don't know, but when I came up, there were crates that were the same as those, and they had food inside. So uh. . ." He pointed towards the crates behind her and motioned for her to leave.

She took note of everything she could; her surroundings, the fact that he said 'came up' meaning that he must've been in the same situation, and even his appearance. He was taller, dark-skinned with buzzed hair and a clean-shaven face.