【33】

" Steve says you need to hurry!"

" Yeah, no shit!"

" We're trying, we can't find anything!"

" Seriously, what is all this shit?"

" What are you even looking for?"

" Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music! We need music!"

" This is music!"

All the screaming doesn't help Lily. She tries to go through the cassettes to find one that mind brings Nancy back, but her mind is being sucked back into the very world that they just escaped.

Her mind is being sucked back into the Upside Down.

The edges of her vision grow black as she sees flashes of wherever Nancy's mind is currently trapped. She sees such small fragments so quickly, none of it makes any sense. She doesn't understand what she sees and it feels so cold and dark that she begins to hyperventilate, and releases a scream that breaks the glass mirror in Eddie's bedroom, and snaps Nancy out of her daze so Steve is able to bring her back to the real world.

So many problems, and so little time to fix them.

" He showed me things that haven't happened yet," Nancy explains as she sits on the couch with all others crowded around her, " The most awful things. I saw... a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this... giant creature with a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes. And then... he showed me my mom... and Holly... and Mike. And they... they were all..."

" Okay, but, he's just trying to scare you, Nance," Steve pipes in as he sits next to Eddie, " Right, I mean... it's not real."

Sadly, it is all very real. Quite real. Too real.

Everything they fear... it's real.

Every nightmare is real, and every waking horror they dread is absolutely real.

Even the unfortunate reality of living in a small town is real, for when the group heads over to the Blackwood residence to gather some supplies... they find it to be completely destroyed. Windows smashed in, grass burnt, porch smashed and curtains torn down. The house that was once a home is no more, and neither are Agnes and Wanda.

Lily finds her mothers dead in their own home that they tried to defend and protect. She finds her mothers gone, off on another plane of existence, but her spiritual beliefs give her far from any comfort at this moment.

She realizes a gut-wrenching wail as she kneels by their bodies and continues to scream bloody murder, which makes her powers go wild and her mind hazy. She doesn't think about controlling it, she doesn't think about keeping her walls up, she just lets go.

And as the young witch screams, Vecna is able to enter her mind. He's able to gaze through her thoughts, to her innermost desires. He's able to know her secrets and play with her mind, all without her knowing he was ever there.

Eddie attempts to comfort his girl as she cries, but there's nothing he can do. He can't bring back her mothers, all he can do is hold her and gently rock her back and forth. It absolutely smashes his heart to see how much pain she's in, and how little power he has to fix it, and it takes all of his strength not to let his own secret out.

So he just keeps it with him, for now just isn't the time.

But the right time was never meant to be.

Their destinies led them elsewhere.

In the battle against Vecna... Vecna won. Or at least he almost won... but he succeeded in one thing.

Vecna succeeded in taking absolutely everything away from Lily. First her parents... and then her Eddie.

Lily holds onto the man she loves, crying her eyes out as his life slowly fades away, but he tries his best to lighten the mood. He reaches for his back pocket, where he pulls out a little black box and hands it to her, to which she opens it and finds a ring.

And it only makes his death that more heartbreaking.

Lily wails yet again as the life drains from his eyes, somehow connecting with the Upside Down and making the wind blow and the lightning crack, and the thunder boom.

But Vecna never expected a little girl to have such power, and he never expected her to have such immense power within his own realm.

With her heartbreaking cries, the world around her begins to fall and crumble. Everything begins to die. The ground begins to crack and cave in on itself. The trees begin to timber and the sky begins to fall. Lily screams and screams with all her might, letting her powers fly freely and escape her body, for she doesn't give a damn.

She doesn't care.

Lily wails as everything around her caves in on herself, and wails as eventually everything dies in a momentous explosion, effectively destroying the Upside Down and the portals along with it.

But the damage has already been done. The town will forever consider Eddie and Lily to be ravenous serial killers. Their legacy will forever be the trouble in Hawkins... but their true legacy will forever be held in their friend's hearts, for only they know the truth.

For only they know what Eddie and Lily sacrificed for everyone.

[ jk only one chapter left. ik this sucked but i just wanted to get this done bc i have 0 interest in this story anymore. may revisit in the future ]