【28】

Her mind is fast asleep, her chest gently rising and falling with each breath. But within her dream comes a voice, a voice so familiar that it sends her into their mind.

" Eddie?"

The brunette jumps, feeling startled by the sudden voice in his head.

" Am I losing it?" He questions himself.

" Eddie... it's Lily."

" Lily?" Eddie asks, " What the fu--"

" Are you okay?"

" Not really. I'm kinda hungry as shit."

" I'll come by today with some food."

" Thanks, Lils," He sighs, " So, uh... how's it going."

" Complicated. I can explain more when I'm there. Please stay safe, Eds."

" Will do."

And Lily only awakens when Dustin bolts down the basement stairs and begins to shake her.

" Lulu!" He shouts, " Lulu, hello? Lily!"

" Fucking hell, Dudu, what?!" Lily exclaims as she grumpily sits up.

" Look," Dustin says as he slaps down a drawing in front of her.

And the moment she locks eyes on the drawn house, a shiver runs down her spine. She feels the breath being taken from her lungs as she's filled with a sense of dread, telling her that this isn't an ordinary house.

" What the hell is this?"

Of course, the plan involves getting in the car. They're always in the car, going from one mystery to the next like Scooby Doo. Once more they cram into Steve's BMW to drive to the exact house that Max drew without even knowing it. A house of great evil and great power.

The house of Victor Creel.

They all stand before the blue-tinted house with the old and tattered boarded-up windows, a house completely untouched for years.

" Yeah, that's not creepy," Steve sarcastically comments, " What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?"

" We're not exactly sure," Nancy responds, " We just know that this house is important to Vecna."

" Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" He quips.

" Basically."

" Great."

" Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is," Dustin adds, " Why he's back, why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max."

" We don't think he's in here..." Lucas trails hesitantly, " do we?"

" Well, we're about to find out," Lily sighs.

Steve and Nancy go to get the hammer out of their backpacks, but Lily just walks straight to the door without it, ignoring the slightly woozy feeling she gets from going up the stairs. With a shaky breath, Lily places her hands on the wooden plank covering the door, and once more ignores how badly it affects her.

" I call upon thee,
remove any obstacles in front of me,
I call upon thee,
by my decree."

Her whispered incantation makes all the nails that hold the wooden board in place break off one by one, before the plank falls on the porch with a thud, followed by the old and decrepit door handle turning ever so slowly, allowing the creaky door to swing right open.

" Shall we?" Lily suggests as she turns to face the rest as she tightly grips her sleeves with her hands.

And even though they've seen the likes of El and her powers, it's still strange to see Lily use hers, considering they never knew it existed up until recently.