【26】

Lily takes every precaution she can think of before she finally allows herself to leave the shed, and in turn, leave Eddie behind. She knows that he'll only be safe in the shed. She knows that he has a pretty literal target on his back, which makes leaving him ever so difficult.

The group gets into Steve's car and drives off to where the police seem to be going. They're met with a barricade, and none other than Nancy Wheeler herself, who smiles and waves as she talks to the police. They all motion for her to get in the car, and she does.

She's squished in the backseat with Max, Lily, and Dustin, who all sit uncomfortably in the BMW until they arrive at the scene of the first crime.

The trailer park.

It makes the hairs on Lily's body stand up. It makes her stomach do backflips as she steps out of the car and comes eye-to-eye with the bright yellow tape that blocks off the Munson trailer. The very place where she saw Chrissy's dead body.

She can almost hear the sounds of Eddie's cries as her eyes remain locked on the trailer. Her heart pounds as she's reminded of what happened here.

Thankfully, Steve pulls her out of her daze by gently placing a hand on her shoulder. She jumps just the slightest, but forces herself to regain her composure as she joins the group on the wooden picnic bench.

" So you're saying this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?" Nancy asks after much deliberation.

" If the shoe fits," Steve affirms.

" And Lily... is a witch?" Nancy asks, " Cauldrons, broomsticks, pointy hats... witch?"

" Little stereotypical, but... yes," Lily sighs, " Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse."

" Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer, or just loves killing teens, we don't know," Dustin states, then turns to see the witch's confused expression, " Spider smoke monster."

" All we know is this is something different," Max states, " Something new."

" Doesn't make sense," Nancy says.

" It's only a theory," Dustin adds.

" No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense," Nancy corrects, " I mean, why them?"

" Maybe they were just in the wrong place?" Dustin suggests, " They were both at the game."

" And at the trailer park," Max adds.

" We're at the trailer park," Steve says, stating the obvious, " Uh... should we maybe not be here."

" Definitely not," Lily shakes her head, " It feels..."

" Like Vecna?" Dustin asks, a little too excitedly.

" Like death. Look," She says, then holds out her arm to show the small little hairs standing up straight.

" Spidey sense," Dustin whispers as they all look at her arm.

" It's a sixth sense," Lily corrects, " I can feel... things."

" Things, yeah, very descriptive, Lils," Steve comments with a sarcastic smile.