【7】

Lily sits in a booth, across from Steve and Robin, the three of them inhaling a vat of french fries and a few milkshakes that give them brain freezes. She laughs as she watches them bicker, almost as if they're an old married couple. Lily ends up unintentionally zoning out from the conversation. Her eyes are set in between the man and the woman, but she pays no mind to them. Her mind drifts off into space, almost feeling her soul leave her body. An out of body experience.

Two fingers snap three times in front of her face, effectively bringing her back to reality.

" Hey, Lils," Steve starts, " You alright? You look like you saw a ghost or something."

Little does he know just how very real ghosts are. Lily gives him a short lived smile as she rapidly blinks.

" I'm good," She sighs, " It's just... my moms are probably wondering where I am. Told them I'd be home after school."

And with that, Robin's ears perk up.

" Moms, as in plural?" She asks with eyes wide.

Normally nothing good comes after that question, so Lily just nods as she sucks in her lips. Robin can't hide her smile. She beams in her seat, finding comfort in the fact that one other person would be accepting of her, if and when Robin decides to tell the person she's only known for a few hours. Steve's eyes flicker in between the two woman, and a child like grin forms on his lips as he turns his attention back to the witch.

" Hey, Lils," He starts, and she already knows he's going to be annoying, " You find a girlfriend, yet?"

Robin's head instantly shoots up, eyes staring widely at the man who simply holds a smirk on his lips. She turns to apologize to the witch, but is only met with a calm face.

" Nah, not yet," Lily says as she plops a fry into her mouth, " Not too many options in Hawkins, Indiana."

Robin and Steve share a look. He raises his eyebrows and motions his head to across the table, and Robin takes the hint.

" So..." She starts, trying to be careful with her words, " You're..."

" Gay?" Lily asks, getting right to the point as Robin nods, " I don't know," she shrugs, " I don't really have a label. For me, I just don't feel limited by gender, you know. I like people," her eyes trail down to the table and stay there as she sighs, " But people don't like me."

While Robin's expression softens, Steve lets out a scoff.

" Well, that's bullshit," He states, " How many guys prank called your house because of your babysitting ads and asked you to 'take care of them'?"

" That's because I'm a girl and they're horny boys," Lily says as she leans back in the booth, " My point still stands."

" I like you," Steve adds, " Point fallen."

Lily tilts her head as she eyes the man sat across from her, unable to contain her smile any longer.

" Point taken."

Robin, still in shock, finds herself unable to speak. She can't figure out if Steve is trying to set her up with Lily, or if he's trying to set up Lily with himself. There's undeniable chemistry and tension between them, but according to both, they're just friends...and nothing more. As Lily finishes the last bit of her milkshake, her eyes land on the other woman in the booth.

  As Lily finishes the last bit of her milkshake, her eyes land on the other woman in the booth