【12】

The air grows cold as snow begins to fall. The town of Hawkins brings in their Christmas spirit as December rounds the corner.

And even Lily makes an appropriate wardrobe change, saying goodbye to skirts and hello to pants, something that the Hellfire Club leader doesn't expect. The first day he sees her in pants, he greets her with furrowed eyebrows.

" No skirt?" Eddie asks.

" It's cold," Lily responds as she states the obvious.

" I like the skirts," He shrugs as she approaches him.

" Do you like the skirts, or do you like them on me?" She asks with a tilt of her head.

" Why not both?" Eddie smirks.

Their friendship has transitioned to more of a flirtationship as the two grow closer together an become more comfortable with the other. Weekly club meetings and after school smoke sessions help their chemistry create a spark in these cold winters days. As soon as the drug hits their systems, it's all giggles and tickles from there on out. It's a common interest, a tool, an excuse to see each other.

And boy does it work.

But perhaps, a little too well.

For the other members of Hellfire Club can't stand them together,  but that's mostly just Mike.

One day, as Lily stands in the lunch line, she finds herself short on cash, and unable to fully pay for her meal, but before the words can even leave her mouth, Eddie swoops in with a dollar bill.

" I got it," He proclaims with a smirk, then grabs the apple from her tray, " But you owe me this."

As he takes a gaping hole from the fruit, her eyes narrow.

" Careful," Lily says, " It's a poison apple."

And Eddie simple chuckles as he leans in closer.

" Sweetheart... you can poison me anytime."

He takes another bite of the apple and chews it with a cheeky grin as Lily rolls her eyes. He walks with her to their designated lunch table and takes the seat next to her as Mike lets out a heavy sigh.

The Wheeler boy will sometimes complain that Eddie is playing favorites, obviously helping Lily through the campaigns while giving no hints to the rest, but Dustin defends the Dungeon Master every time, saying that Lily is simply new to the game and needs the help.

And even when Blackwood and Munson have a smoke sesh in the trailer, they always manage to be within arms reach, or even small, simple touches. Knees, elbows, shoulders.

" Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
And I do appreciate you being 'round
Help me get my feet back on the ground
Won't you please, please help me."

Lily sings while standing a top the couch as Eddie plays his guitar with his foot propped up against the coffee table, but once he notices her balance begin to fail, he carefully sets his guitar to the side before he puts his arms out to catch her just before she falls. Their chests pressed up against each others, noses inches apart as Eddie holds her up by the back of her thighs, once more finding themselves in close proximity with an undeniable attraction.

" What're you doing tomorrow?" He asks, his tone of voice low and yet soft.

" Nothing," Lily responds as her eyes flicker back and forth.

" Come to the Hideout with me," Eddie offers, " You can see the band play... and maybe even come up on stage yourself."

" I-I don't know," She blinks.