【14】

" Please?"

" No."

" Please?"

" No."

" Pleeeeaaaaase?"

" I said no."

" Pretty pleeeeeeaaaase?"

" Lily, no!"

Lily pouts in protest as her arms lean against the counter of the Family Video store where she continues to badger her friend.

" What's going on here?" Robin asks as she pops behind the counter.

" She wants to know what conditioner I use," Steve responds.

" It's so shiny!" Lily exclaims as she goes to fluff his hair.

" I'm not sharing my secrets!" He states as he swats her hand away, " Get your own special shampoo."

" You use a special shampoo?" Robin asks.

" I mean, it's not special."

" Then why'd you call it special?"

" Because--"

" Is it Revlon?"

" No."

" Wella Balsam?"

" No."

" Short and Sassy?" Lily quips.

" Will you guys just--" Steve sighs as he brings his hand up to his head in frustration, " Go shopping? Go far far away so you're less annoying?"

" Sure thing. Want me to pick you up some hair glitter while I'm out?" Lily teases with a grin, only earning a middle finger in response.

She turns her head to peer out the glass doors and out to the snowy landscape of the shopping center parking lot to find a large brown van pull up in a spot, sending a great big smile to her lips.

" Gotta go," She says as she pulls her jacket closer to her body, " Still on for New Years?"

" Yeah, yeah, yeah, just leave. Please," Steve says, waving her off as he restocks a shelf off to the side.

Robin's eyes follow Lily out of the store and into the brown van to see that it's none other than the Hellfire Club leader driving it. Soon enough, Steve joins her behind the counter and follows her eyeline to the van, where his eyes narrow.

" Why's she spending so much time with Eddie Munson?"

Lily sits in the passengers seat, waiting patiently for Eddie to pull the van out of park and get going, but he doesn't. All he does is stare at her until she finally looks at him.

" What?" She asks.

" Seat belt," He responds.

" Eddie--"

" Seat. Belt." Eddie repeats as he puts emphasis on his words.

" Fine," Lily says, rolling her eyes as she clicks in the seat belt, " Happy?"

" Very, actually."

" You gonna get going?"

" What if I just wanna sit here and look at you?"

" Can you do that in the trailer where it's warm?"

" Oh I'm sorry, princess. Are you cold?"

" Very, actually."

" Well, that sucks," Eddie says with a pop of his lips as he turns to the wheel and brings the van out of park, " Heater's busted."

" Dude, really?!" Lily exclaims as he backs out of the shopping center.