【25】

Eddie's slumber is surprisingly peaceful and lasts the entire duration of the night, while Lily doesn't dare to close her eyes. Every blink brings her closer to the land of dreams, and she fights like hell to stay awake. And awake she stays, all the way up until the group arrives at the shed yet again. But as Lily hears their footsteps, she shoots straight up and bolts out the door.

" Wait!"

They all stand still from her cry, looking confused at her passion.

" Look."

The witch points down to the ground, where they all find the circle that she cast the night before.

" It's a circle of salt," Steve points out.

" Yes," Lily nods.

" Is it... magic salt?" He questions.

She nods once more.

" Hold my hand."

" What?"

" I said, hold my hand."

" No, Lily, I'm not gonna hold your--"

" Harrington, just hold my fucking hand."

Steve sighs, but ends up stepping forward and reluctantly holding Lily's hand. She guides him into the circle of salt and eyes him carefully with every move he makes.

" How do you feel?" She asks.

" Fine?" Steve says, his statement ultimately coming out more like a question, " What is--"

" Robin, you're next," Lily adds as she holds out her hands once more.

Robin steps forward and gives Lily her hand with no hesitation, and Lily brings her through the circle, along with Max and then Dustin.

With the group now safe inside the circle, they all head into the shed, and the moment the door closes, Eddie bursts out of the boat and throws the tarp off of his body.

" Delivery service," Dustin announces with an ear-to-ear grin as he holds up the bags of food from the grocery store.

And despite Eddie's thumping heart, he can't ignore the growling of his stomach.

Soon enough, he's shoveling cereal into his mouth as if it'll be his last meal.

" So, uh, we got some good news and some bad news," Dustin states, all sat around Eddie who's inside the metal boat, "So, how do you prefer it?"

" Bad news first," Eddie and Lily say in synch.

" Alright, bad news," Dustin sighs, " We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced that you killed Chrissy."

" Like, 100% convinced," Max adds.

" And the good news?" Eddie asks.

" Your name hasn't gone public yet," Robin says, " But, if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others will, too. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

" Hunt the freak, right?"

" Exactly."

" Shit."