Something aint right (new and improved)

HORROR

Avary's P.O.V
I hate this office job. I really do. All we do is sit in cubicles all day and answer emails. And maybe bring a big boss coffee. But those are the exciting days.

I sigh answering some dumb ass client email about how they dont know how to fix a fucking problem they could have fucking avoided if they would just read the god damn update emails!!!!!

I feel like screaming. I hate this job so much. But it pays so well so people stay. Cuz who's gonna work in corporate misery if they were getting paid minimum wage. Not me!

"Hey Avary, can you go to the bathroom and get my phone? I left it in there and this client got me on the business line. I can't go." I push back my chair and am met face to face with my coworker Cindy.

"Yeah sure. U leave it in the stall?" She shakes her head and mouths "on the counter" to me. I had nothing better to do so I went to get it. It wasn't in there though..

I checked the stalls just to make sure and washed my hands cuz ew germs. "Hey Cindy, it's not in there."

"Yeah? Maybe you should check the men's bathroom?" And she proceeds to cackle to herself. Another reason I hate it here. I was outed as trans and now all the assholes here have been showing their true colors towards me.

"I'm taking my break." I grab my stuff and hurry outside. I refuse to let myself cry. I refuse. I know sometimes you just have to let it out but no. Not now. I can't let her see she got to me. I just can't.

I can't..."Are you alright miss?" I look up to see a stranger addressing me. A beautiful stranger. She rocked a dark red power suit that just seemed to be molded onto her perfectly. I mean it was tailored exactly to her body frame.

Her curls ran wild about her head and were extremely long. But it all looked intentional. It wasn't messy, just wild and untamed. And I liked that.

A golden broach with a weird insignia was pinned to the jacket lapel. The symbol seemed to be calling to me the more I stared at it. It was ominous yet beautiful. I almost couldn't pull myself away. But I did eventually and noticed she matched the broach with gold accessories. And a shiny gold watch.

She was as striking as her broach. The same ominous beauty encapsulated her. Her eyes looked as if they were peering into my soul.

She was so beautiful it made me uneasy. There was just something off about it. I couldn't place it but there was. And she made her nervous. "Uh. I- I'm okay. Just a hard day."

"I understand. Here I have this." She hands me a handkerchief and I hesitantly take it though confused.

She beams brightly at me and it unnerves me. "Your tears will be washed away. For no sadness shall come to the beautiful. Unless brought upon by the wicked" And then she went inside.

That was weird. What did she mean by wicked? Was she quoting some weird ass Shakespeare? I don't know and don't care. I use the handkerchief to wipe away the tears I didn't even know had fallen.

I make a mental note to stay away from the beautiful woman. Which is something I rarely do. But my entire body was telling me to stay away so I am going to listen to myself.

♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•

When I return to work I see my boss and the woman standing next to each other... Oh this is just great. "Oh there you Avary. Now that everyone is here I would like to introduce you to your new coworker Osiris."

"Osiris.." I whisper to myself. She did look like an “Osiris". "Please treat her well. As she is a very important asset to the team. Just like you all."