ⅩⅩⅩⅦ - PLEASE READ THIS IS IMPORTANT

Começar do início

I stood up, my blood boiling at his audacity. "You heard me. Fuck you and your reasons."

"Isay, calm down." He admonishes dominantly, tone impassive again and stood up.

"Calm down? Calm down? No Kennedy, you fucking get away from me, you asshole."

His eyes flare momentarily in surprise before it blanks. "Miss Hale, we need to discuss this like adults. I suggest we talk in my office?"

"No, Kennedy." I spat acidly. "Adults don't fucking snoop around nor do they go behind a person's back and dig in into that person's dirt especially when that person politely asked for you not to!"

"I understand where you're coming from, but you need to understand that I did this for both of our benefits."

"Both of our benefits? What the fuck do you mean?"

"Language." He growled. "Do not provoke me, Isay Hale."

"Well why did you do this?!" I yelled, fear and fury blending in a potent rush. His threat actually scared me. I know he is not a man to mess with.

Alex stalked towards me, looking displeased but still in control. When he was two or three steps away from me, he exhaled sharply and offered me a hand. "Office. People are staring."

I stare at him icily. I can't believe I actually cared for him. The moment I met him, I felt an immediate attachment towards him. It was bullshit. Global bullshit.

"Office." He growls again and I flinched at the bark command.

I nod reluctantly but I did not take his hand, so he just held it out for me to go first instead. "After you."

I make my way out of the school cafe, my knees weak, my stomach forming a knot , and my heart in my mouth thumping a dramatic, uneven beat. I'm terrified witless about this.

I'M PARALYZED. Frozen like a statue. I gripped the armrest tightly in vain attempt to conciliate the confusion and fear that is constricting my lungs. My head is throbbing, my breathing is racing and my heart is pounding with something like terror.

Alex just practically made me re live my nightmares. He might not been up to the dot, but it was enough to push me close to the edge.

"Isay," Alex's voice is dimmed and distant. I couldn't seem to focus on what he's saying.

Everything was like a fucking commemoration of my past. It sucked me back into that dark cruel place and to top it all off, Alex just sprung on me another gruesome news about why this mattered to him. Fuck.

Someone shook me, taking me out of my turbulent speculations. I blink up at Alex, disoriented. He's regarding me intently, eyes clouded with concern and his lips are pressed in a thin line.

"You haven't talked for an hour." He says, voice soft but guarded. "Are you okay?"

"No."

He sits down on the chair beside me and sighs. "Is it because you heard your past again or because of my reason."

"A bit of both." I answered bleakly as I continue to stare straight forward.

He sighs again, but that was all. We needn't to talk for we we're both thinking the same thing. Both knew the thought's path and what was wrong. I felt numb. Like I was in some sort of a daze.

After the shock and panic happens,you'll feel as if the emotions were stripped off of you and you were left with nothingness. You feel empty, detached from your own self and the world, and you're only left with the grotesque thoughts.