“So, now I'm inaudible!"

“So, this is all we need. The list?” Cole asked and he nodded. “Keys?” he handed them his car keys and they left. I pulled him by his ears before he could leave too.

“Seriously, a party?”

“Shit, Charlotte let go!” he yelled and I pushed him away. “Why Austin, you gotta shut this down”

This is one of the rules.

“For that, you aren't invited” No shit.

★★★

Carson's POV

My eyes scanned the place, music blasting in my ear from the headphone. My phone rang in my hand and I glanced at it.

Jayson was calling.

I had stayed out late, later than I used to but I couldn't careless. I had one last fucking deal to sort out before this night gets over for me.

The call ended. “Yo Carson!” I looked up. “They're here” I nodded and he walked out. I stood up from squatting.

And Immediately the thought of her flew through my head. Curse myself for her being on my mind. I wanted to get it out... like now.

I headed towards the guys, they rounded the fire to keep warm, it was pretty cold. They parted and let me get in front.

And there was the fucker... opposite, with his guys behind. I saw his smirk under the fire.

Jared.

“Hey Carson, my man” he walked to me. Don't let the smile deceive you, he's greener than the snake.

I gave him a hard stare in return, I had already spend too much time on this deal, why don't I get done with it?

“There's a whole bag of Mary Jane at the back, you drop the wad... it's all yours” I made it known.

And he chuckled. “Not so fast, Carson. We gotta be sure first” shooting one last look, I signalled Zeke to get the duffel bag.

He did, dropped it in the middle and zipped it open and revealed the substance...in plastic bags.

He nodded in satisfaction. “That's a good one but...is that all I get?”I looked up at him. “Colton was here, he had some chick to take home. Don't I get one too or what?”

I pinched the bridge of my nose, not ready for this.

“Not even Charlotte” my eyes shot to him immediately. “You know, I met Jackson. Dude has lost his mind, he kept on talking about this chick, Char-”

I came at him immediately, not wanting him to say the name again but the guys held me back. “Whoah Whoah! Slow down” he moved back.

How dare he say her name?

“I'm not Jackson, he got out anyways and trust me, he has a lot installed for her”

I attacked him immediately, I wanted to punch his face so hard.

He tried to push me off as my fist made way to his face. I was pulled off him, my fist was bruised while his face bled.

Nicely done.

He coughed out blood. “What the fuck? You're crazy, you've lost it dude” his guys pulled him up while mine pulled me back.

“What the fuck was that?”

“Shut up!” I said, pacing back and forth. Anger still very much in me.

“You've lost it, man. You blew up the fucking deal” Zeke yelled. “I said shut up” this time coldly.

“What are you gonna do? Do the same shit you did to Jared?” I grabbed the scruff of his shirt immediately.

“If you don't shut the fuck up... you're gonna be on the other side”

“Okay, let's not do this” Jace pulled me back. “You need to calm down!” Dave yelled as I walked out.

I flexed my hand walking back to the car. My knuckles were fucking bleeding. “Hey Carson!” I looked up to see who was by my car.

Fucking Melissa.

“I knew you'd be here...” I ignored her and tried getting my car open. “Are you okay?”She stood between me and the car.

“Move” I groaned. I wasn't in the right state of mind. “Calm down, okay?” her hands caressed my face and I stared at her.

Staring into her pathetic eyes. “I'm always here for you” she whispered, slowly closing the gap between us.

I didn't move away, something kept me rooted. Her lips locked with mine and I didn't pull away. I moved back to see that she wasn't Char...Fuck!

I pulled my hair. “Oh come on!” she yelled, trying to pull me back down. I pushed her out of the way and got my car open.

“Oh now with that attitude?! Does this have something to do with what I did to Charlotte?!”she asked.

That was another problem for another day.

I got in and pulled out the pack of cigarettes, took a joint and lit it up. “Common Carson, forget about that”She was still by my car.

I brought the engine to life and reversed, while taking a drag from the cigarette at my other hand. “Carson!”

I let out the smoke and zoomed off.

★★★

I wrapped the last bandage round my right hand and looked back up at the house.

There was lights coming from the pools and lamp post in the surrounding. I sighed and got out of the car.

I took off my jacket and got into the living room. I dropped my jacket by the side and headed to the kitchen. I pulled open the fridge and got out a can of Budlight.

Clicked it open and took a gulp, turning to the counter, there was a meal covered with a lid.

I didn't bother checking it out and just threw it in the trash. Turning to leave, I paused. She was at the door, hands crossed over her chest and staring at me.

I looked away and walked past her, taking another gulp from the can. I grabbed my jacket and headed up, I had already gotten into lots of shits... because of her.