Alternate Ending (You tried to change the past.)

I started writing this and realized I'm practically writing a sequel at this point lmho. Warning it will be very long.

"After this, I'll save myself a lot of heartbreak. It would really have been better off for everyone if I don't exist. Everything would be normal." Suddenly, geo crystals surrounded you.

"Y/N."

"Goodbye Morax." Your power lashed out and the geo crystals dissolved. You smirked. Then closed your eyes. A close observer would have noticed how your face relaxed. That you were at peace when you disappeared into the tree.

Time and space enveloped you.

Making sure that you would remember everything that had led up to this moment, you looked for the time. The time when he had confessed to you. You immediately jumped there.

"Y/N!"

Ah.

It worked.

I'm back.

Well, I better go see Morax.

"Morax? What was it you needed?"

"Do I need a reason to see you?" Before, this statement had made you blush. Any other time, you would have melted, but you steeled your heart.

"I thought you needed something. You usually don't interrupt my sleep."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I brought this contract I hope you'll consider signing?"

You took the contract from his hands. You already knew what was on it. Still, you made a show of looking it over.

"I'm sorry, but I'll have to reject your offer."

"Y/N. I love you. Please. Will you at least consider it?"

"I know you love me Morax. I love you as well, but I'm doing this to save myself from heartbreak later."

"I promise I-"

"Stop." You made sure he didn't promise. He'll feel no guilt when he loves Guizhong.

"Why Y/N? If you love me why?"

"Because you'll end up loving someone else. You'll love her, but you'll feel too guilty to leave me. When I find out, I'll tell you to leave me. Leave me and love her. Then you'll leave and I'll be broken." You made sure you delivered this with certainty. "When she dies Morax, when she dies, if you still love me, find me then. You'll be able to find me."

"How do you know for sure?"

"Because it already happened." You knew this would confuse him, but you made no move to explain. You could tell he was heartbroken, but you told yourself it was for the better.

You made no move to stop him as he left.

Years later, you watched as he fell in love again. You noticed the moment he fell in love. That day, you decided to visit him.

"Hello, Morax. I told you you'd fall in love. I told you that it wouldn't be with me. Imagine what would have happened if we were together."

"Y/N. How have you been?"

"Fine. Better than I ever was." This was a lie. It pained you to watch him fall in love with Guizhong, but you told yourself continuously it was for the best.

"How did you know?"

"I have my ways. I told you. Be happy with her while you can. She's in love as well. Talk with her. Become friends. After a week or so, confess. It'll go better than you'd expect."