Chapter 15

Falling...

How long will I fall? 

Will it be forever? 

I just want it to end. 

A portal?

Who?

Ah the fatui.

Well then, when I snap I guess I'll be taking them all with me. 

I hope Childe's not there. 

Oh great Ajax's here. 

A sky blue haired dude with a mask 

Baizhu 2.0 but dark mode 

Short dwarf man with a long nose 

Girl with lace over her eyes dressed as an angel 

that's it? 

huh. 

I thought there were more. I guess all of them aren't here now. 

"Why am I here?" your voice is groggy. 

"Yeah, why is Y/N here?" Ajax says. 

"The Tsaritsa has her reasons." the dwarf man replied. 

"If I'm here so she can kill me and take my gnosis can you guys just do it already? I'm tired." A glance at your eyes confirmed that you were tired of life. Not tired as in exhausted. 

When Childe met your eyes, you knew that he had received your message. He had just confirmed that Y/N was dead. 

A tall Khaenri'an walked in. 

"The Tsaritsa wants to see her now." 

"Am I going to die now? Yipee." Your voice was monotone. The harbingers looked at you curiously. They had never had a captive that didn't really care. Didn't show any fear. A god that wanted their gnosis taken away. Someone who didn't care about the world. She seemed... like one of them. 

You were dragged into a hall. The Tsaritsa was sitting on the throne. 

"Hello, Y/N" 

"Hello." 

"I see you've already lost your mind. You're just a small event away from breaking." 

"If you want me to go and break somewhere and destroy everything, I will. If you want to take my gnosis do it. Unshackle me. I won't run. All I ask for is death. A small wish for someone in the hands of people who have taken many lives no?" 

"No, I have better plans for you." 

"Alright. I just ask that my life will end eventually." 

"Agreed." 

Then, the chains on you disappeared. 

"What shall I do?" 

"Welcome, Althea. Codename: Healer. The first harbinger. This won't really affect anything, the others just get pushed down. I know you're inferior to all of them in strength but you're an archon so might as well. Your first order is to heal yourself. I need you at full strength and decent sanity to do the job I request of you." 

"Alright. I'll find my room." You walked out. You felt hollow. 

"Y/N really has died hasn't she?"

"Yes." 

"Then who are you?" 

"Althea." 

"That name means healing. It fits your powers I guess." 

"Ok." 

"What happened?" 

"I died."

"Really."

"I found out he doesn't love me. I talked to Guizhong. I went insane. I sacrificed myself to save Lumi and her friends. I was falling. You brought me here."

"Hmm. Can you cast that spell again?" 

"That spell?" 

"The one that contains all your emotions." 

"I guess. It won't be as strong, so it'll break if I see him, but it'll work." 

"Then do it. If it helps you for the moment, then do it." 

"I will." A bright glow shinned from you. 

"Whoa wait. Right now?" Ajax stepped back. 

The glow dimmed, the disappeared. 

"Done. Thank you Childe." You grinned. "I feel much better." The heaviness, the depression was gone. Your sanity had reappeared. You were firmly tied back down to reality.

"Wow. That was a quick mood change." 

"Hey, I'll probably try to kill myself the moment it wears off, but for the moment, I'm fine." 

"Now, do you regret it?" 

"What?" 

"Everything that happened after you snapped." 

"No. It would have happened either way. Or at least. It makes me feel better to tell myself that. Anyways, can you show me to my room? I need a moment alone. To process."

So many things had happened in the span of a day. 

Ajax turned and led the way. When you got to your room, you thanked him. In response, he handed you a map of the castle, and underneath, a map of Snezhnaya. 

This time, you hugged him. He hugged you back and said goodbye. 

When he left, you shut the door and surveyed your room. 

It had all you needed for now. You changed out of your current outfit into a fatui uniform that was in your closet. It seemed to be made especially for you. You smiled. Next to the closet, there were 7 delusions hanging on the wall. Picking up the pyro one, you used it to light a fire. 

Then, you scooped up your old outfit and burned it. You looked at yourself in the mirror. You felt different. More powerful. 

Looking at your hands, you sighed. 

I'm still weak. 

I guess I have to ask Ajax to train me.

For the first time in a long time, you were actually looking forward to tomorrow. 

A/N: wow. I think I'm going crazy. Well you're a harbinger now. Yay? So basically you had a quick personality switch because of your depression. You were super depressed and the real Y/N died after you sacrificed yourself. Then, the Tsaritsa gave you a new purpose and identity. You are now Althea the first harbinger. Now lets see how heartless and ruthless you get. Not that much Y/N angst for now. Just her as a harbinger. This was really unexpected even for me. And I'm the one who wrote it. I wasn't planning this at all. Well hope you enjoyed? You can message me with any questions about the plot.