Chapter 6

"Lumi didn't trust you enough to tell you, but I trust you. You'll probably tell the Tsaritsa if she orders you, but I trust you to keep this a secret unless there's a good reason." 

"Thank you." Childe looked sincerely grateful. "Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me."

"It's nothing. I can just relate to the dullness in your eyes." 

Childe nodded and motioned for you to begin. 

"My real name is Y/N L/N. I don't suppose you've heard of me?" the look on Childe's face told her he hadn't. "I thought so. I'm the 8th archon no one remembers. The reason Lumi didn't tell you was because she was afraid I'd get my gnosis stolen. Archon of healing. That's how I healed you. I was... Rex Lapis's former lover." Childe's eyes widened. 

"I'm basically an adeptus. This is my domain. I haven't stepped foot in this place in 5,000 years. Can you believe that? I haven't felt like I was home in 5,000 years. I had an house in Monstadt but it didn't really feel like home you know? Anyway,...." 

After explaining the story of how you and Morax broke up, you look at Childe again. He's just looking at you. Then suddenly, he gets up and embraces you. Your eyes widen, surprised, then you lean into the hug, wrapping your arms around him, you let the tears spill down your cheeks. 

"Thank you." He just nods. "Now, tell me your story?" 

"Well.... It happened when I was 14." he says, sitting back down. "I fell in to the abyss. You wouldn't be able to even imagine the things I saw down there. A 14 year old..." He gives a dry chuckle "I was trained by someone down there. After I got out, I started seeking out battles. Just to feel alive. I wanted to feel alive. I caught the eye of the Tsaritsa, and... you know the rest. I want to get stronger. That's why I love fighting strong opponents. The thrill of the battle really...." He trails off, seemingly unable to continue.  

You smile grimly. "It seems both of us have been through things that have made us feel dead inside. You hide it with your cheerful personality, I hide it by.... well, spells and magic and just shutting off my feelings. Anyway, thank you. For telling me. I suppose you haven't told anyone you don't trust with your life? I wonder what I did to obtain your trust that fast." 

"I wasn't going to tell you. Then, you told me your story. A story only 3 beings know. That.... well, I was touched that you trusted me that much." You walked up to him again and embraced him. 

He hugged you back. After staying with you like that for a while, the two of you walked outside. 

"Do you want to head back to Liyue?" 

"Sure. Let's get going." Seeing that Childe was about to walk down the mountain, you called him back. 

"We can just glide." Handing him an extra wind glider you summoned, you taught him how to glide. Then, the two of you jumped down and glided until you reached the outside of Liyue. The two of you walked in and saw Lumi and Zhongli talking to a toy merchant. 

Seeing that they are about to pay, Childe walks up with you. "Well, allow me." Lumi and Paimon look shocked to see you with him. You mouth "I'm alright. He's actually a really nice guy." Looking away from them, you grin at Childe refusing to look at Zhongli. Knowing that if you do, you would break down. 

"I see Mr. Zhongli's the same as ever. When paying— Well, when getting others to pay for him, he neither looks at the price tag nor his wallet. I see Mr. Zhongli's the same as ever. When paying— Well, when getting others to pay for him, he neither looks at the price tag nor his wallet.He knows a great deal about money, and about the trials of the common man. He just doesn't consider poverty to be something that could ever happen to him.Or perhaps you could say that he cannot imagine himself lacking money." you shivered internally at how accurate that lasts sentence was. He never had needed money because he was the literal god of mora. 

After exchanging a few more words, Zhongli started walking away. You quickly followed him while Childe pulled Lumi aside to hand her a bag of mora. You waved at Childe and walked quickly to walk next to Zhongli. "Where are you going next Mr. Zhongli?" you asked still refusing to look at him but being able to talk to him. 

"To hire some extra help. And you can drop the formalities. Just call me Zhongli. What's with calling an old friend Mr. Zhongli?" You looked around but you could tell no one had heard. Making sure no one was listening, you continued the conversation. 

"I'm sorry, but I've never seen you before until Childe introduced us." 

"Y/N-"

"You must have me mixed up with someone else. My name is N/N. If you'll excuse me, I'll be at the pharmacy. I assume that's where you're going after this?" your voice sounds cold. You could tell. You finally looked at him. When he nodded, you walked away without a word. 

Zhongli's POV

Her eyes were cold when they were directed at me. I'd noticed how N/N didn't smile at me. I'd also noticed how she completely refused to look at me up until she looked at me to see my response. I couldn't see Y/N L/N the Archon of Healing and my ex-lover anywhere in this N/N's face. 

Lumine and Paimon had finally caught up. "Huh? Where's N/N going?" 

"She said she'll meet us at our next stop." Lumine and Paimon accepted this reply and we all headed to complete this task. 

End of Zhongli POV

Sighing, you walked up to Childe. 

"You alright comrade?" He looked at you, concerned, "You don't look too good." 

"I'm fine." you sighed sadly. "Some things in Liyue keep reminding me of him." 

"Ah.." He laid his hand on your shoulder "I would hug you, but that would feed gossip. Like you don't know how many times someone got accused of being my significant other just because I bought something for them." That comment, along with his annoyed face as he said it finally made you laugh. 

He grinned at you "I made you laugh. That's good. You should laugh more. You look prettier when you do." Smiling, you grabbed his hand. 

"Can you show me the way to the pharmacy? I told the others I'd meet them there." Childe grinned. 

"Of course! It wouldn't hurt if you gave me informations though...." You rolled your eyes and glared at him playfully. "I was kidding! I'm glad you're feeling better though." 

As the two of you got to the top of the stairs, you let go of his hand. "Ok, you can leave now. Thank you. See you soon?" 

"Definitely. Bye!" Childe walked down the stairs. As he did, you were reminded of Morax leaving you. That thought brought tears to her eyes. As she was about to break down, Childe looked back at her. It was a brief look, and however simple it was, the tears vanished. You grinned at him and waved. He waved back, and finally disappeared out of your sight. Still smiling, you walked into the pharmacy and sat down to wait. 

A/N: Ok! Wow.... I'm debating turning this into a Childe x reader book. I probably won't. I might write an alternative ending though. Well... I hope you enjoyed? Idk why I even bother to write these at the end of every chapter when I know barely anyone's going to read this.