Chapter 9

Trigger Warning: Suicide

"Y/N!" 

Hmmm?

"Y/N! Where are you?"

Just let me sleep...

"Y/N, we really need your help!" 

Why? Why me? All I do is hurt people.

"Y/N!"

Fine. I'm coming.

Leaving your domain, you find Lumi and Paimon outside, waiting for you. They gawk at your appearance. You knew you probably looked terrible. Clothes and hair messy, eyes red rimmed from crying. Your eyes probably looked dead as well. 

"Y/N? What happened to you?" Not answering, you looked at the sun to judge the time. Looking at it, it was probably around 7 in the morning. As you did, you felt your magic subconsciously fix your appearance. By the time that you turn towards the others, you looked how you normally did minus your eyes. 

"It's none of your business. How did you find me? Did one of the adepti tell you? The fact that you bothered to find me shows that it's important." You could tell your voice was monotone. Dead. Lumi and Paimon looked really worried. You knew you didn't want to tell them about Childe's plan. They would figure it out eventually, and they probably won't trust you anymore if you told them the plan without telling them how you knew. You didn't want to relive the confession and rejection again by telling them. 

"Well, we got invited to the Jade Chamber, so we wondered if you wanted to come along?" Ah... that floating palace in the sky. You did want to meet Lady Ningguang....

"Fine. You do know the way up?" 

"Kequing told us." 

"Ah. The Yuheng." 

"Yeah. Paimon thinks she was pretty nice!" 

"Hm. Lets get going then." 

Walking back towards Liyue harbor, you knew you needed to do something to get your sprits up. And quickly. You were slowly crumbling inside. Any longer and you would completely lose your mind. Probably curl up inside some nameless domain and weep for eternity. 

"We're here!" Stuck in your thoughts, you hadn't even noticed that you had arrived at the Jade Chamber. Looking at the view, you saw the entirety of Liyue. 

"N/N! We're going inside!" Hearing Paimon call you, you turned around. 

"Go ahead without me. I'll stay here for a while then meet with you later." 

"Ok then. Meet us at Dihua Marsh later!" 

"I promise I'll be there." You turned back to the view. The fact that Ningguang had looked at you suspiciously had not slipped your notice. She had probably been told that you were friendly with Childe while Lumi and Paimon were wary of him. Giving a chuckle, you stepped up to the edge of the balcony. 

One step 

Just one step and it'll all be over 

You can rest 

Take one step off the edge 

Claim the rest you deserve 

"Yes. I do deserve an end. Eternal rest. That's the only escape I have right now. No one would care if I'm gone anyway." Mummering that to yourself. You turned around. Looking at the sky, you closed your eyes. 

You obeyed the impulse to take the step backwards. 

I'm falling. 

The guards are yelling.