Chapter 21

"So what is the time?" You finally managed to ask after a very lengthy conversation about random stuff. 

"How should I know?" 

"Should I call Dottore down again?" 

"Sure. It was really funny last time." 

"Okay then. YO DOTTORE!!!! WHAT'S THE TIME????!!!!" 

"SHUT UP AND LET ME WORK IT'S 2PM OK?" 

"Wow he actually replied." 

"We've been talking for a while." 

"Of course we have. We've been talking about the weirdest things." 

"Oh do you want to begin again?" 

"Ugh. I'm gonna get something to eat. We're both acting like we're drunk." 

"Goodbye. I'll just dangle here I guess. It's not like I can do anything else. I'm strapped to a giant robot suit. How did they expect me to move?" 

"I'll be back." You quickly let the room. 

When you went upstairs, Dottore was angry at the sight of you and by angry, I mean very very pi##ed off. 

"Why in the world did you have to scream at me for the time? I'm busy??!!" 

"Well, there's no way to tell time down there, so...." 

"Ugh forget it. I suppose you're here for food? It's over there." He pointed to a table filled with a bunch of portable lunches for everyone, because they couldn't go outside. If they did, they would automatically become part of the dream when they recreated this day. 

Picking up one of the lunches, you walked outside to see Kusanali. 

"How're you doing? Ready to enact your plan to stop this?"

"There's still a chance to stop this now. Please Y/N. This will harm people." 

"Y/N would care. I don't. I've harmed many people already. What's a few more to me?" 

"Y/N will be traumatized after she wakes up." 

"Y/N.... If she ever does wake up she'll be too broken to care about the things I've done with her body. She'll die a minute or two after she comes back so...."

"It's no use isn't it?" 

"You've known it was before you tried. So why? Why do you try to contact her every time you talk to me? I don't remember a single conversation we had without you talking directly to me. Why does everyone only care about Y/N? I've tried to move on but everyone keeps reminding me that I can't. That I can't move on. That the past cannot be ignored. That saying.... The past is the past. It isn't true. No one can escape completely from their past short of making sure it never existed." 

"Althea...." 

"Yes?" 

"How far are you from breaking?" You broke into hysterical laughter. 

"Guizhong....Kusanali....Broken? Me? Hahahahaha...." It was maniacal laughter. 

"That question triggered you." 

"You should know why. And you should also know I'm basically broken already. Something already broke it into two and then I binded it with something only as strong as a small peice of cloth." 

"How long will it last?" 

"When I see him again. Or another event that triggers me so much I break... Beyond the point of return." 

"I see..." 

"Will you tell her? Lumi?"

"I believe that's your story to tell." 

"Alright then." You walked away. The sound of your heels clicking echoing and resounding through the room. 

You returned downstairs and found Scaramouche sleeping. It didn't seem like a nightmare, so you let him be... slowly dozing off yourself. 

You woke up and walked up to the room. 

"Has the project begun? Everyone is asleep?" 

"Yes Lady Althea." 

"Alright then." You walked up to Azar. 

"Ah, Lady Althea. How are you doing?" 

"Let's dispense of the pleasantries. How'd it go?" 

"Everyone reacted as expected." 

"Keep a close eye on the Traveler. She'll figure it out soon. She has a real knack for that. Ruining plans." 

"Don't worry." 

"Do I sound like I am?" You glared at him "For a person widely proclaimed as a genius, you really are stupid. I'm not worried. I honestly don't care. I'm just saying that because it's obligatory. If I didn't I don't get my payment." 

"How much do you get paid?" 

"Unlimited access to the fatui funds and a special favor from the Tsaritsa. Everyone has their own reasons for joining. Mostly family." 

"And you?" the people nearby were staring at you now.

"Death. The Tsaritsa promised me that when my job is over, she'll kill me. Or I would die. I can't die from old age, so this was the only way." Azar looked at you. His eyes held no compassion. No pity. Only calculation. 

"Who are you?" He looked at you. He was just wondering what species you were if you weren't a mortal human. 

"I think I rather like you." Without answering his question, you patted his shoulder and swept by him. 

Hours passed. More and more cycles went by. 

"Any casualties yet?"

"No Milady." One of your spies said. "One is close. Named Dunyarzad." 

"Oh, her. Lumi seemed close to her. What will her reaction be?" You walked out of the room. Kusanali seemed to be sleeping. "You're in the dream too huh? Does she know yet? How is she? Is she alright? Has she moved on?" 

You closed your eyes after leaning against a pillar. You needed some rest. 

A/N: More Angst coming soon! ^-^ I'm sorry the chapters are so short nowadays... I just need to get this story over with to match the timeline lol.