Chapter 2

Ok so the last part was random stuff.... I think wattpad just felt bad for me T-T like seriously the only one that read this thing is me and one of my friends. I'm so confused. God, I'm just using this to vent aren't I?

Ok, the real story starts here:

.....jk I typed that and I went off and read another story on wattpad for like 20 min..... and now idk what to write.... I'll do it tomorrow ig..... or i'll just go read something and have this tab open while brainstorming/reading for another 30 min..... still reading..... oh btw i have a genshin fanfic reading list that's around 200 books? anyway yeah.... i'm totally just using this to rant.....I have this strange feeling i won't finish this chapter for like a month or so. hmmmmm -- (2/9/2023)

I still have writers block—(2/11/23)

I have a few ideas so I guess I'll start now?--(2/12/23)

You woke up in your bed with no recollection of how you got there. You looked around for Venti, but instead spotted a note on your nightstand. Picking it up, you read:

Hey Y/N, if you're reading this I guess you're awake. If you don't remember, after we went to windrise, you calmed down after a while and fell asleep. Don't worry about me, I'm fine. I'll be performing around monstadt, probably around the huge statue of..... Myself! I know, I know, I'm not funny, but that was pretty funny wasn't it? Take as much time as you need, but come meet me before the day. is over please?

-Your favorite bard; Venti <3

Getting up out of bed, you yawned. You wondered what it was that had triggered such a strong flow of emotions from you yesterday. You had been fine the past 5,000 years, so why did you break down yesterday? Did the spell you cast on yourself finally wear off? Thinking about it, it had been the exact 5,000 year mark yesterday, so that must be it.

Well, I better get used to it. I don't want to cast another spell to suppress my emotions, it's too much work. I guess I just have to get over him and try to find someone else to love.

However, even as you thought that, you felt you could never love anyone else the way you loved him. You was now..... afraid to fall for anyone, the break up had given her trust issues and trauma that you had managed to keep suppressed until yesterday. You barely interacted with anyone except for Venti and your patients. However, you still managed to have a smile for everyone, and everyone thought of you as agreeable even if you didn't talk much. They just saw you as a shy, kind young lady. Shaking your head to clear yourself of these thoughts, you walked towards the statue.

Climbing the thousands to stairs, you finally reached the statue only to see venti talking to the blonde girl that they had seen during Dvalin's attack. You stood a little away, pretending to be admiring the statue, when in reality, you were listening to their conversation. You knew Venti wouldn't notice, unless the winds told him. You quietly bargained with the wind for their silence. Now, you could only hope that the girl didn't notice her.

Lumine POV

As I reached out my hand to purify the crystal Venti showed to me, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a strange girl walk up to the statue. Her face blank and devoid of emotion, all she did was stare at the statue. Suddenly, the facade collapsed and she showed a face of wisdom combined with sadness, pain, and everlasting grief. Just as suddenly, those emotions disappeared. Like they had never been there. All of that happened in the time it took to purify the crystal, and I was drawn back into the conversation.

End of Lumine POV

Venti left after telling the girl that he's going "To the 'Symbol of Mondstadt's Hero.'" As he left, you ducked into the crevice between the skirt of the statue so he wouldn't see you. No use drawing unwanted attention. As you came out you started walking towards the stairs to follow Venti. You, of course, knew where Venti was headed, and you could tell that the girl and her flying pet were about to figure it out as well. You let them go in front of you and started discretely trailing them at a distance.