Chapter 4

"I would rather not know. Ever."

As you finished your story, Lumine and Paimon were looking at you sadly. Quickly wiping away your tears, you forced a smile to her face. During the story, Venti had walked up and sat on a rock nearby, quietly listening. He also looked at you a little sadly.

"What's with those pitying looks?" You asked, "I'm fine. Being pitied just makes me feel worse." Paimon flew up to you and Lumine placed a comforting hand on your shoulder. "Oh, that was a sad story. Paimon feels sad. And when Paimon's sad, she's hungry. Y/N you better treat us to some food!" Hearing those words, you smiled. A genuine smile this time.

"Oh come on Paimon; You're always hungry!" Lumine sighed. "I spent millions of Mora on just your food alone!" Y/N giggled; hearing those two bicker cheered her up. "Is that why you call her emergency food?" Lumine smiled seeing that the color in your (e/c) eyes had brightened a bit. "Of course! She eats so much food that eating her would last me a lifetime!" That joke made the two of you burst into peals of laughter while Paimon stomped her foot on thin air and insisted that she wasn't emergency food. Venti watched the three of you. He was hoping that someday you would be healed, and he believed that stepping into Liyue again would be the first step on your journey.

"Y/N, have you considered their offer?" Surprised at the sudden comment, you turned around to meet the turquoise eyes of the bard. "I-...." Lumine shook her head. "Now that we know why you don't want to go to Liyue, you don't have to come with us. We understand completely." Paimon nodded her head in agreement.

"No, I want to go with you. I want to see the land where I was created once again. As long as I don't go anywhere near him, I'll be fine."

TIMESKIP: After the Rite of Descension

(Lumine and Paimon went without you while you waited for them in a camp a little outside Liyue Harbor. Lumine and Paimon were rescued by Childe who then told them to track down the adepti. He gave them the sigil, but it would only work for Lumine and Paimon. Lumine and Paimon go back to you to explain what happened.)

"Y/N! Y/N~~~~!" You turned her head to meet Lumine and Paimon running towards you.

"Yes? What happened? Did you meet him?" Lumine and Paimon shook their heads their eyes wide. "He.... He was murdered!" You gasped shaking your head, refusing to believe it.

Mur-Murdered?

How? Why?

"He wouldn't have been killed, He wouldn't have died that easily. The man named Childe. He advised you to meet with the adepti?" Sighing, she stood up, brushing the dirt of her (insert outfit name you can imagine anything) "I was just reminiscing the time I was in Liyue and it turns out, he died. Heh, I guess I can sop worrying about running into him. I can lead you to the adepti. I'm familiar with them and I won't need one of those to get in."

Another TIMESKIP!: After you reach Jueyun Karst

"And who might we be? Those that dare enter Jueyun Karst?" A deep voice boomed. Lumine quickly held out the sigil. "A Sigil of Permission... Many a season has passed since one was last in the presence of such an item. But that is only enough for you and your little fairy. The other one must leave!" You chuckled. "Moon Carver. As nice it is too see you again, I don't like being threatened. Surely you won't deny entrance to an old friend?"

"You. You who has left Liyue for 5,000 years. Why have you now returned? Rex La-"

"Do not speak his name to me Adepti. I still am of higher rank even if I lack strength in battle. So. Watch. Your. Tongue." Looking at the Adeptus coldly, you gave a little smile. "You still haven't changed old friend. You were always filled with bravado and ceremony."