-| 08 |-

—|—^—|—
-| EIGHT |-
-•-•-•-

-| NAVAL BASE |-

Marcus sleeps on his side with Natasha in his arms, big spoon and little spoon. Both of them sound asleep, peaceful and comfortable. The warm of their bodies are addicting.

All was good until the loud annoying alarm startles them both awake. Marcus freaks out and has a panic attack from the abrupt noise. He starts sweating and shaking, his mind is scattering all over the place.

Natasha notices this, she turns the alarm off and quickly sits up in bed before turning around to face Marcus as he leans his back against the wall the bed buds up against.

NATASHA: "Marcus?"

He doesn't answer.

NATASHA: "Let me help you, what do you want me to do?"

"All you need to do is grow and trust the people around you."

MARCUS: "I just need you."

Natasha turns back around lean up against the wall beside Marcus. The Mitchell man leans into Natasha's chest. She wraps her arms around him as he sinks into her. The comfort flooded Marcus quicker than he expected. Natasha's embrace is just want he needed.

NATASHA: "Is this what you need?"

MARCUS: "You're all I need, Tasha."

Natasha smiles and blushes as she feels butterflies in her stomach. She squeezes him into her before burying her face in his neck.

They both quickly fall back asleep in each other's arms again. Until the second alarm buzzes off as a reminder to actually get up and get ready for the day.

Marcus jumps again but quickly calms down as Natasha comforts him after turning the alarm off like before.

Marcus grunts in frustration for having to go already.

NATASHA: "Have you read today's email?"

MARCUS: "No, I haven't yet."

NATASHA: "I bet today's schedule or task is much like every other day, fly and get grilled for not being fast enough."

MARCUS: "I must defend my dad on this one... the grilling is necessary."

NATASHA: "I know... it just brings back academy trauma."

This makes Marcus chuckle as he grabs his phone to open up his email and read the day's schedule from Pete.Maverick@gmail.com.

MARCUS: "We're meeting at The Hard Deck."

NATASHA: "What? Are you sure?"

MARCUS: "Yeah, it says meet behind the bar."

NATASHA: "Maybe it's some sort of team building exercise."

MARCUS: "Maybe... it also says be prepared to sweat."

NATASHA: "Hmm... fun."