-| 05 |-

—|—^—|—
-| FIVE |-
-•-•-•-

-| TOPGUN, NORTH ISLAND |-

Marcus sits in the waiting room/bar area listening to the radio that plays the intercom as Rooster and Hangman go up together with Maverick as their instructor. Phoenix walks in and immediately catches his attention by her hand on his back as she sits beside him.

PHOENIX: "Well... you seem to have been training for this during your time away."

GHOST: "I ah... I have actually. Well, as a back-seater. I haven't actually flown a jet of this caliber since the incident."

PHOENIX: "Then what did you fly and what jet were you a back-seater in?"

GHOST: "I flew a P-51... and umm... I was the passenger to a top secret aircraft that I can't really talk about out in public."

PHOENIX: "But you'll definitely tell me later." she whispered to him, not in a question form more like a demand.

Marcus chuckled and nodded towards Natasha.

BOB: "Well, for your first time back in a F-18 in nearly a year... you're damn good, Captain."

GHOST: "Thanks, Bob."

The men smiled at one another.

HANGMAN: "So, rooster, mind if I ask you a personal question?" the transmission comes in.

ROOSTER: "Would it matter if I did?"

HANGMAN: "What's the story with you and Maverick? It seems like he's got you rattled."

ROOSTER: "That's none of your business. Now where the hell is he?"

MAVERICK: "Been here the whole time."

HANGMAN: "Holy shit."

BOB: "What do you think he did?"

GHOST: "My guess, he inverted himself and is flying upside down above Rooster... it's his thing."

MAVERICK: "You see me now? Come on, let's get it over with."

ROOSTER: "Fight's on!"

HANGMAN: "What is with these two?"

MAVERICK: "All right, you put us here. How you gonna get yourself out?"

ROOSTER: "You can bail out anytime."

MAVERICK: "How low you want to go, Rooster?"

GHOST: "They're nose diving." he said with intuition.

ROOSTER: "I can go as low as you, sir! And that's saying something."

MAVERICK: "What's past is past. For both of us."

ROOSTER: "You'd like to believe that, wouldn't you?"

HANGMAN: "Hard deck is 5,000 feet, fellas. You are running out of room."