-| 07 |-

—|—^—|—
-| SEVEN |-
-•-•-•-

-| THE HARD DECK BAR |-

Marcus sits at the bar of Penny's bar, it's mid-day and he snuck away from the watchful eyes of Natasha and Pete. Amelia is at school and Penny is dealing with some fulfillment issues in the back with Ace accompanying her. If she saw her son here, day drinking, she'd immediately get onto him and send him home (with a taxi service or Uber).

Marcus needed a drink or two or ten after today's events. The one year anniversary of not only Sharp's death but of his harsh, unforgettable crash, the ambush and the traumatic torture he went through. His PTSD was firing on all cylinders and he needed his brain to calm down by intoxicating himself to block nerve signals and fog up his head.

Before Marcus developed near life debilitating PTSD, he never understood why so many Veterans turn to alcohol and drugs... but now he knows. The harmful substances dilute the severity of the symptoms caused by trauma.

Marcus wants help from his family but he doesn't know if he can trust them. He has a lot of self doubt, simply because he thought his trauma was gone until this morning, he doesn't even trust himself. With that being said... he really shouldn't be here, under the influence.

Jerry, Penny's co-bartender, is working the bar. Marcus orders refills of various different alcoholic drinks, vodka, whiskey, beer, scotch... the heavy and sharp kinds. Jerry knows Marcus well and he knows Marcus isn't a big drinker, most likely a "lightweight".

Jerry can deny service to anyone but he has experience with PTSD himself and knows the effect alcohol has on calming the brain. Though... Marcus is pile-driving shots in like there is no tomorrow... it's dangerous.

JERRY: "Look, son-"

MARCUS: "Jerry, please... just top me off."

The man doesn't protest as he trusts the Mitchell man and he knows he won't do anything he regrets.

Jerry fills his glass again. Marcus nods his head and raises the glass before standing up with wobbly legs and a jagged walk. He dizzily heads to the back deck before walking to towards the ocean. Sand fills his shoes as he chugs the rest of his drink before dropping the glass in the sand as he continues to walk towards the water. His steps stumble as the alcohol has done it's job.

The waves crash as the sun beams down on Marcus. He stands just before the waves and stares straight out at the endless horizon.

MARCUS: "Hunter?"

Marcus' mind was running wild in all directions, was he seeing something? Was it Sharp?

MARCUS: "Sharp?"

He sees a man drowning in the ocean.

MARCUS: "Hunter!"

Marcus' intoxicated mind makes him jump into the ocean and swim out towards the man who's drowning but the man doesn't get any closer as Marcus continues to swim to him.

Marcus' impairment causes him to become exhausted quicker and he begins struggling to keep himself above the water. He begins gasping as his lungs and muscles burn.

Marcus doesn't fight to hard as he slips under the surface and begins to sink, his drunken consciousness slowly begins to fade away.