-| 02 |-

—|—^—|—
-| TWO |-
-•-•-•-

-| MOJAVE DESERT |-

After staying with Pete for a few months, he was brought on half way (months into) to a different kind of job... a program if you will. A program involving the testing and development of a supersonic jet, Darkstar. The reason behind his involvement with was recommended by Pete was the fact that Darkstar is a two-seater jet. Pete has trusted Marcus to fly them around in his P-51 for months and he only trusts him to be his back-seater in a jet like Darkstar.

Marcus was beyond apprehensive to join the project because of his history with jets. He was comfortable flying the P-51 as it wasn't a robust jet like a F-18. What really helped settle his nerves was Pete. Marcus trusts him and he feels comfortable being his back-seater especially after having months of experience flying with him in his WWII jet.

Marcus wears his and Hunter's dog-tags around his neck. Every morning he wakes up with the same "dream" or more like it, nightmare. But their not as harsh as before and he's been able to control his emotions through the day. The service need of Ace is becoming slowly unneeded. But Ace continues to do his job as he doesn't know his owner is doing better.

Marcus walks to his bathroom every morning, looks into the mirror at himself then kisses the dog-tags before going on his morning run with Ace and Pete. Their daily routines are still the same, morning runs and sunset flights. And now, work in the middle of them. Marcus was appreciative of the job offer and the opportunity that will get him truly on his feet again.

-•-•-•-

Marcus has been on the program for 4 months now and he's been involved in Mach 7 and Mach 8. With his involvement, his callsign has come back into use, GHOST. Today was a special day, a day where Marcus and Pete are going to test Darksister and hit a speed called Mach 9. It's written down on their calendar and circled with red marker, it's important.

After their run they clean up, shower and get ready for the important day, one they will remember for a long time.

Marcus walks over to his black vintage Ford GT40 before Pete stops him.

PETE: "Hold up."

MARCUS: "What is it?"

PETE: "Here." he said handing his son a pair of keys before walking away with a smirk on his face.

MARCUS: "Pete, what are these to?"

PETE: "Come find out."

Pete walks over to his motorcycle collection and waits for Marcus to catch up. Pete stands next to a charcoal and gold Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R.

 Pete stands next to a charcoal and gold Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R