"She just had breakfast Amber." I rolled my eyes when Amber reply say ice cream can be eaten anytime. I laughed at her childish behavior.

"So, no lunch then?" Campbell asked taking Kayla.

"No dad, we want ice cream first." She grinned.

"Okay I'll go get the boys." Campbell said walking off.

We waited 30 minutes for them to return. "Did you people get trapped in another dimension or something." Amber asked impatiently as we left the house.

"We were talking." Tommy said defensively.

"I'll let it slide this once," she mumbled, Tommy then slid his arm around her. "You okay little bro?" She asked a sad looking Klyen. He nodded not saying anything else.

"Klyen?" I called. "We'll give Genevieve a couple hours to cool off then you and I will go get her and talk things over. That okay with you?"

He nodded smiling slightly, "yeah mom, I'd love that."

That's a start.

"If you don't have anymore meetings today we can spend the day together as a family." Amber said hopefully.

"Yeah, my schedule is cleared for today." He answered making us all smile.

Tommy was one of the head warriors and he was busy pretty much everyday, however he made time for Amber whenever she wished. Clearly he did every to please his mate and wish for her to always be happy.

"Daddy, you leaving?" Kayla asked softly, still in Campbell's arms.

Smiling he kissed her forehead, "Of course not princess. We are going to stay together today."

"Okay," she whispered happy resting her head on his shoulder once again. She was a girl of few words. I took klyen hand in mine and walked together.

On our way, we decided to get the orphans to treat them also. They we excited about spending time with us even though we visited almost every day. After having all the ice cream they could manage we went to the parked where we spent hours playing with them.

Although there were children around Kayla's age she didn't want to leave Campbell and cried went he tried putting her down. So Campbell was going on slides and swings with her the entire time while Amber and I watch. Klyen and Tommy also took the time off to play with the other kids. This is how it as always been.

When warriors passed away they left behind their precious children and no family to take care of them. We provided a mansion for such unfortunate children and cared for them as our own. Of course there are many other circumstances which led to parent-less kids. In most cases citizens would adopt a child, making them their own. For those who didn't get adopted, stayed in the orphanage and was cared by the alphas and Lunas. Everyone's birthday was celebrated, we attended their games and any important events that they require support.

After a few hours Amber became tired so we brought the children back. Tommy drove Amber and Kayla back to the house because Amber was complaining about walking.

"Son, you wanna look for Genevieve now?" I asked and he nodded. "Cam, you wanna come?"

"No, I'm going to prepare dinner." He denied kissing my cheek. "Be safe both of you."

"I know where she is," Klyen said walking off.

'Everyone,"  Carter, Clyde's son, spoke in the pack link. "There has been sightings of intruders in the city. We ask of you to go in your homes until this told otherwise.'

Frowning my brows I look to klyen whom had stopped walking. His body tensed as he inwardly panicked. "Klyen? This is the second time this had happened." I started, approaching him hurriedly. "What's going on with you?"

'Get Genevieve, she's hadn't heard anything about what's going on. Three warriors were attacked near the river. Her scent was there.' My mate told me through our mind link.

"We need to get Genevieve." I told him. "We'll talk about this later."

Not wasting another minute I opened a portal and we rushed inside coming out the other end In the forest. We heard the water stormed few meters away from us. Approaching with cautious, Klyen said his mate was there and also another person. A rogue.

Without considering the danger we ran towards her, only to find her in wolf form laying against a tree. No one else was around but due to how my son was looking around I knew someone was here. Genevieve's head pecked up when she sends us.

"Did you see anyone here?" Klyen asked worried. The look on his face made me aware that the person just left.

"Genevieve was someone here with you?"

*

*

*

"What do you mean no one was held accountable?!" Carter growled towards the frighten guard.

"Carter calm down." Cecelia said irritated by his actions. She dismissed the guards so only the four of us were left. "Okay klyen, what happened? People got hurt for the second time in less than a week. What happened to your shields?" She asked but klyen didn't answer.

I sighed, "You guys go and get some rest. I'll talk to him."

We spent hours making sure no one else was in the city and aid the injured people. So far we know that nothing was taken and no one was missing. For years I've been casting a spell to create a shield over the entire city to keep any threat out. When Kylen turnt 17, that role was passed down to him. I thought it was a good way to help his control his magic.

His back was to me, he faced the window of the office looking out in deep thought. "Honey," I began, resting my hand against his back. "What's going on with you? Is this about your mate?"

He must have lost concentration somehow for this to happen, and these events only occurred since his mate came here.

Shaking his head, he turned to me with worry in his eyes. "No, mom. This has nothing to do with her!" He snapped, eyes darkening.

"Watch your tone young man," I said calmly. Taking his large hand in mine, I carried him to settle down on the sofa. "Kylen, I don't want you to be frightened, I know what it's like to loss control." I whispered softly, rubbing the back of his hand reassuringly.

"Please, tell me what's going on." He looked away from me. "Please," I begged again.

Instead of saying something he stood abruptly and take off his shirt. I gasped seeing the horror on his bare chest. Speechless I got up and went to him.

"What's this?" The area on his chest, directly over his heart was covered in black matter, it was as if it was alive. Movement slow and swiftly like smoke. My hands keep up to cover my gasp. I've never seen anything like this before. Whatever it was, wasn't anything good. By the looks of it, it was spreading and it's likely the reason why the shield broke twice now. That only means one thing.

His magic was being drained.