Chapter XX: Fate (Pt.3)

"Let's go guys," he said as he passed the other two men.

"What happened," Jack asked.

"Nothing. Let's go," Mat responded.

As Tymon watched the men leave, he wondered how they'd die. He had no intention of intervening this time but was still curious, so he left the tavern to follow and watch them.

The three men entered a dirty truck. Tymon followed along the rooftops.

After a few minutes, they pulled to a stop next to a woman walking by. She rejected each of their advances and their attempts to give her a ride. The woman continued walking in the opposite direction until she disappeared into a barely perceivable ally entrance.

Tymon assumed she thought that was a good idea since the entrance was too narrow for the truck to follow.

Unfortunately, there was no traffic, so it was easy for the men to quickly reverse the truck until they were parked across the alley entrance.

Tymon was perched on the roof of one of the buildings that helped form the alley.

While Mat rushed into the alley, the smaller guy protested about wanting to go home and having only agreed to drive them to the bar. He complained about wanting no part in this while Jack pushed him forward as he grinned.

As Tymon traced the roof to the opposite end of the alley, he saw that the narrow path led to a rectangular enclosed space the buildings seemed to have been built around. There was grass, bushes, and a small tree being grown there.

Tymon quickly moved to one of the shadowy areas near the edges of the area. He wanted to go unnoticed as he watched what happened. Tymon noted to himself that the woman wasn't meant to die tonight, so he'd make sure she left there unharmed. The smaller guy wasn't fated to die soon either, so he wasn't too concerned about him.

The woman was trapped as the only exit to the area was behind the men. As Mat and Jack closed in on her, the smaller guy stood between them and pulled out a switchblade.

He was shaking terribly, but his eyes were fierce with determination as he stood to protect the woman.

Mat and Jack laughed in amusement.

"You know you're no match for us. Toss the blade before you get hurt," Mat instructed him.

Jack moved in and snatched the blade from him. Then, he threw it away from them.

The blade must've been thrown with incredible force because it whistled in the air as it headed straight for Tymon.

Tymon quickly caught the blade, but this alerted the others of his presence since they didn't hear it connect with the wall.

Jack turned and squinted in Tymon's direction.

"Is somebody over there," he asked Mat.

Mat pulled out a gun and pointed toward the shadows.

"Whoever's over there, come out, or I start shootin'," he ordered. He was still intoxicated enough for his hands to be unstable as he aimed.

As Tymon slowly walked into the light, Mat adjusted his aim.

Mat, who was too drunk to reason, started mumbling about not going back to prison and fired the gun.

After shooting three times, his gun ran out of bullets.

The bullets didn't hurt Tymon, but they did leave holes in his shirt where they made contact.

"No way...," Jack said, confused.