Chapter IX: Shocking Revelations

No one moved to answer the door. Everyone just sat there as the doorbell rang again.

      Tymon looked at Trik.

      "It's not a Primordial," Trik stated.

      Then who the hell's at the door? No one knows that I live here. Tymon thought to himself. And how'd they get over the gate?

      "If it's not another Primordial, why is everyone so tense," asked Za'Fia.

      "We can't sense anyone at the door," Tymon replied.

      Za'Fia looked worried.

      "Is that a bad thing?" she questioned as she inched closer to Tymon.

      "Not necessarily, but it means they're purposely hiding themselves," Alissia responded.

      Tymon got up and headed to the door.

      When he opened the door, he saw a girl about 5'10" standing on his porch. She wore a long, dark purple cloak that covered even her feet. She also wore a thin veil that covered her face.

      "V!" Alissia yelled as she ran to the door. "What are you doing here?"

      "You weren't at the meeting spot, and I couldn't get in contact with you, so I tracked your c-chip," V replied.

      "Oh yeah, we were supposed to meet back in Charlotte this morning. Sorry, I completely forgot to tell you; we got a lead that led us here, where we found Death," Alissia said as she motioned towards Tymon.

      V looked at Tymon as if then realizing he was standing there.

      "Good evening, I'm V," she said, introducing herself.

      "Tymon," he replied.

      "You can come in," Tymon said, moving aside to allow her into the house.

      V looked past the corridor into the living room, where she saw Trik and Za'Fia watching.

      "Sorry to intrude. It won't be long," she assured them as she entered.

      Instead of the living room, everyone moved to the dining room table where Alissia would properly introduce V.

      As they found their seats, Tymon noticed V's gaze linger on Za'Fia for a second before she looked away. He couldn't see her face, so it was hard to tell, but she looked sad for a moment.

      "V and I met while I was poking around in some gang in Seattle a couple of months after starting. Some dude believed the Primordials still existed and claimed to know where Death had resurfaced, so Trik and I went to meet him so we could verify, you know. It turned out he was lying, but I did run into V, who was also there looking for him. She could tell just from looking at me that I was a Watcher and revealed to us that she was also one but was from the Sadio family from 200 years ago," Alissia stated.

      V asserted herself forward and then spoke on her behalf.

      "During my time as a Watcher, we had just begun to realize that Death had vanished. Crime and chaos spread like wildfire, and SVVL hadn't been established yet. It wasn't a time when you could trust anyone. I was naïve, though, and was kidnapped and held for ransom. When my family refused to meet their demands, I was taken to a factory where dozens of men and women were kept as stock. I was held captive there for two months. Every day a few captives would be cut open and have their body parts removed to be sold, but the worst part was that regardless of the pain or trauma, the victims never died. They existed in a constant state of agony. Eventually, those of us who weren't cut open was saved by a small group of people and escaped. Since then, I've abandoned the Sadio name and have vowed to help the Watchers from the other families actively. If I could, I'd orchestrate a coup and usurp the company from my family, but I don't have the patience or resources for that, so I do what I can to make them miserable," she told them.